Just Bought R34 Gtr

jaschippy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent over an hour going going through perfect run.com for parts and it's roughly $5959.85 for turbo's,injectors,air filterkit,coil packs,fuel reg and fuel pump lol. Yeah i got insurance through just cars already.

Yeah thats before its fitted and tuned - i think you'll be breaking the budget a bit

Btw, welcome to GTR ownership! Breaking the budget on your car is the criteria for entry

Yeah thats before its fitted and tuned - i think you'll be breaking the budget a bit

Btw, welcome to GTR ownership! Breaking the budget on your car is the criteria for entry

Thanks buddy. I owned a 32 gtr before, maybe i can streach my budget to 10 k lol. Also does anyone know what stock boost on a 34gtr is? and if you went over stock boost with a stock ecu would it cause boost cut.

You inbred, learn to spell/punctuate already! :D

Fixed.

Oooh! Dangerous ground! A stray apostrophe in a plural (I mean, "disc's" - honestly!) means you have opened fire on one foot, whilst putting the other firmly in your mouth. :)

Meanwhile, on the topic: Don't forget that the stock systems were supposedly built to manage up to 500 hp (375 kw). So the intercooler should be fine, as should the cat. The turbos should also manage it (just), but you would probably be better replacing them. So, using Michael's shopping list:

hks gt2530 or hks gt-ss - OK

nismo 740cc injectors - OK

power fc - or consider one of the re-programmed chips that are coming on the market. That keeps the factory protection systems for the engine (see recent HPI Magazine).

nismo afm or similar (or if u go the djetro pfc u wont need them) - stock would probably do it (just), so only replace if it is shown to be needed.

hard piping kit - For intake, I assume you mean. Nismo is nice, but expensive. There are other things which give more bang per buck. Definitely get a pod filter kit. The APEX'i Power Intake system is good and good prices around. Other kits come with hard piping too, e.g. HKS. Don't forget a cold air partition.

turbo back exhuast- You can get good APEX'i and HKS systems for a good price which include a front pipe - then wrap the front pipe! I was told I could also get another 30 - 40 hp by changing my stock cat, which contradicts other advice I was given, so I have not got around to it yet to check.

ebc (can recommended blitz sbc-id3 ) - can recommend Greddy Profec B Spec II - good prices around too.

aftermarket clutch (i have a preference for nismo twin plate) - My stock clutch is managing at 370 hp atw - but only just!

intercooler - definitely don't need for that power - stock is fine.

Run it for a while with stock suspension, which is good on the V Spec. Then see what you want. Ditto stock brakes - they are a great system to begin with. I have just had a modified oil catch can fitted, feeding oil back into the sump, and am about to get an oil cooler. Both of which are essential for track days. (Anyone else thinking of going to WASCC Tuning Day on Monday?)

I am happy living with the stock interior for the moment, which is all good, but have one or two items in mind for possible change.

We will have to have a Bayside Blue get together - maybe by the side of the bay?!!

Cheers. :w00t:

Funny how that happens - isn't it!! There just seems to be a steady flow of things to buy, once that bug bites! But - the R34 GTR V Spec - what a glorious canvas on which to paint your personal ideas - so ignore everything I said and do your own thing!!!

We should still get together by the blue bay side, though!

Cheers. :)

Edited by MLCrisis

Funny how that happens - isn't it!! There just seems to be a steady flow of things to buy, once that bug bites! But - the R34 GTR V Spec - what a glorious canvas on which to paint your personal ideas - so ignore everything I said and do your own thing!!!

Cheers. :)

Thats right!

You start off thinking "Well, ill get one of these gtr things, they're pretty fast. then maybe ill give it some more boost and see how that goes"

A week later mine had new exhaust inc front pipes, ARC airbox, new ECU, 15psi "mmm, this thing goes well. I dont get beaten by much on the street now, i like this"

Few months later "hi mr mechanic, i want a full on rb26/30 build, forged everything, all the baffling in the world, triple plate clutch, highmount single, an easy 385kw atw or bust. Whats that going to cost me? Ok, here's the keys, call me when its ready"

I had a budget once too. Notice i said "had" ;)

Just when you think your one is quick you go in a mates one and it demolishes yours. So you spend even more again. Then do the brakes. Then the gearbox. Then a cage incase you fling it off a mountain pass at dawn. Then endless tyres and fuel.

I wouldnt have it any other way ;)

I once said I only need a car to get from A to B. I once said I'd get an import but wouldn't do much to it because of the cost of insurance. I once said I'd be happy with 300hp at the wheels tops.

Lie to yourself, man. :)

Cheers. :(

Do you have a bayside blue vspec aswell? lol Yeh I'm hanging to go on a track day let me know when. Thanks for the advise i want to make 450 rwlhp but i was thinking of buying everything in one go but I'm running low on funds, need to sell my previous car still. Any one wanna buy a honda s2000? 26k ono lol. I think the first thing im going to do is get a pwr fc and a apexi intake kit. How much power do you think i should expect from those mods and a dyno tune?

I think the first thing im going to do is get a pwr fc and a apexi intake kit. How much power do you think i should expect from those mods and a dyno tune?

With 1bar boost id say around 265rwkw

(thats assuming a full exhaust already)

Do you have a bayside blue vspec aswell? lol Yeh I'm hanging to go on a track day let me know when. Thanks for the advise i want to make 450 rwlhp but i was thinking of buying everything in one go but I'm running low on funds, need to sell my previous car still. Any one wanna buy a honda s2000? 26k ono lol. I think the first thing im going to do is get a pwr fc and a apexi intake kit. How much power do you think i should expect from those mods and a dyno tune?

Do the 'zorst and intake, then the Power FC and EBC. Do the latter two together, 'coz then you only need one tuning session. That is all I have got and I make 370 hp atw on high boost of 1.3 bar (19 psi). And yes, I have a Bayside Blue V Spec II. ;)

post-1887-1201858571_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1201858591_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1201858605_thumb.jpg

Do the 'zorst and intake, then the Power FC and EBC. Do the latter two together, 'coz then you only need one tuning session. That is all I have got and I make 370 hp atw on high boost of 1.3 bar (19 psi). And yes, I have a Bayside Blue V Spec II. ;)

how much did your car cost buddy? how many kms on it if you don't mind me asking..

can't wait only 14 hrs till i get my gtr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jaschippy

I picked up my GTR today :) Its looking good. Just went for a cruise through town and tried doing a few launches but it didn't seem to grip up that good. How often to you need to bleed the 4wd system? Has anyone done a launch in a gtr, how quickly is it meant to get traction?

woot congrats man u seem happy.... i advise u not to launch to much in it if its still got the stock clutch?? i mean they dont cope well with the high rev and dump strain.

get a good twin plate put in and ur set :)

ps: a stock 34gtr runs 0.8 bar boost. so the boost gauge should read 0.8

woot congrats man u seem happy.... i advise u not to launch to much in it if its still got the stock clutch?? i mean they dont cope well with the high rev and dump strain.

get a good twin plate put in and ur set :)

ps: a stock 34gtr runs 0.8 bar boost. so the boost gauge should read 0.8

Thanks bro yeah it's still got stock clutch lol. I was just testing the 4wd system doing about a 4000 or 5000rpm launch but it wasn't taking off hard it was spinning too much.

There's an ATTESSA bleed thing in the DIY section

Not hard to do, go get some matic-D and have a look

Yeah that clutch will hate launches, a nise super coppermix twin plate will fix that right up