SAU Community

Just Couldnt Get The Power Down

R33GOD

hey guys went to calder last night and the best time i ran was a 13.92 @ 106.5mph. my 60 ft sucked big time.

im running 220rwk, stock suspension lowered with jjr pineapples and 265/35/18in street tyres ( hankooks).

dosent matter what i done whether i rode the clutch or took off hard or even slow soon as i hit boost id spin the tyres.

soon as i hit second though i felt the pineapples work and damn the car started flying!! but i have to sort this problem out.

if i went slow my 60ft would suffer even more.

my 60ft'rs were avaraging 2.39- 2.51.

reccommend me a good street tyre setup and anything else that could help me. i spoke to my tuner and he told me my mph was good for a high 12.

need some help!!.. please

thankyou

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Tyre pressures were you running?

Its always going to be hard to get 18s to bite.

I would also suggest new shocks if you dont have them already.

There is also a good thread by Sydneykid about changing the angle of your sub frame for more grip off the line.

What Tyre pressures were you running?

Its always going to be hard to get 18s to bite.

I would also suggest new shocks if you dont have them already.

There is also a good thread by Sydneykid about changing the angle of your sub frame for more grip off the line.

ive already done that with the pineapples.

tyre pressures were at 28 psi. still want them streetable

Edited by R33GOD

Forget messing with the subframe beyond the pineapples which you've already fitted. Ditch the 18's and fit up 255/50/16" MT ET Street Radials and practice more.

yes mate i understand what your saying but i want to run the same setup i do all day long. my aim is to achieve a high 12 second pass with my 18's

yes mate i understand what your saying but i want to run the same setup i do all day long. my aim is to achieve a high 12 second pass with my 18's

In that case, just practice. You'll need a 1.80-1.85 second 60' time to dip into the 12's for that mph. Incidentally, 220rwkw is not = 106mph.

In that case, just practice. You'll need a 1.80-1.85 second 60' time to dip into the 12's for that mph. Incidentally, 220rwkw is not = 106mph.

would you like to see my time slip and dyno results?

what exactly are you getting at mate?

That 106mph is showing less hp than the dyno sheet indicates. That's all. Practice, practice, practice and get your short times down to 1.8x and you stand a chance of running in the 12's.

Why dont u try a two stage boost, its obviously it causing the issue, 10 psi into 14psi.. Ive got the same power and have no problem dropping the clutch and managing the tyre spin.. Back off and plant it..

Edited by DECIM8

tony, get urself a set of stock skyline rims, with 225's on them some high profile and flatten them to around 15 - 18 psi, worked for me, but i was running 20 kw less than you back then.

You need something with a bigger sidewall than a 35 profile, to hook up off the line.

These are the points

1. You wont ever go anywhere near 1.7x-1.8x 60fts with 18's and street rubber.

2. The Hankooks arent the best tyre either (i assume K104s?)

3. You dont have 220rwkw. More like 190 or so, so you MUST have a super low 60ft time to compensate for the power you dont have.

As 2rismo said, you dont have 220rwkw with 106mph.

I was running consistent 12.9 @ 111mph with 220rwkw, and 1.9x-2.1x 60ft times.

The tyres i used were Dunlops 3000A's - 225/16 @ 20psi

This is in a HR31 which has the IRS geometery of uselessness, i still managed with lots of practice. :banana:

I had easily rattled off 50 passes without touching the car setup over about 6-7 meets before i nabbed regular 12.9X-13.0X times with the tyres and power i had

So you need better tyres/wheel size and drop some air out of them and go practice.

a VERY high 12 can be done with 190-200rwkw no problem. But not with your current setup, you will never get close im afraid.