SAU Community

Making A Professional Heatsheild/pod Cover/air Box At Cost!

WYTSKY

• 2 weeks later...

JBonDSS, I get heaps of air because I also have a CAI I made... you can check out that tutorial too wink.gif

Obvesouly there will always be air going to ur pod, if it was indeed air tight, your car qould seize up, so no matter how much you think your headlights seal off air, they never could completly....

In terms of air, you are assuming I have a spare Intercooler hole in there under the heatsheild? My car came as a non turbo....so I had no holes to begin with....I turboed it so We had to make one hole for the FMIC ... then for my CAI.. I had to make another 1... it is so easy...and I know about the legalities of this... but you cannot see inside the tinted perspex... and know one knows... biggrin.gif

Power wise I didn't really notice much difference with the heatsheild by itself... with the heatsheild AND a CAI... i have noticed a fair bit more torque at top end... which is fun tongue.gif you can tell it works well because you can get out of the car, whip open your bonnet and feel the heatsheild on the inner side and its cool.... while the rest of ur engine is at 80+

Adam

wow i am really intersted to see if there was a change on the dyno, i was under the impression that cai had no effect on turbo engines because as soon as it hits the compressor it heats up thats where the intercooler comes to play

it looks mint thought mate, you should make a few up and sell em off ;)

Yeh a CAI isn't going to make any difference to your power figure. Where they do help, is with heat soak. Do a few hot laps around a track and a good heatshield/CAI will help slow the heat soak of the system.

Yeh a CAI isn't going to make any difference to your power figure. Where they do help, is with heat soak. Do a few hot laps around a track and a good heatshield/CAI will help slow the heat soak of the system.

Ran my car on the dyno over and over on the weekend and no heatsoak issues, ran within 1hp of the power figure.... Airbox was warm but did the job!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

^ looks neat with the aluminium.

How did you go about bending the aluminium? I want to make mine out of it, but i don't know how to bend it without an actual metal bender lol. Otherwise, i'd have to opt for the perspex one, which also doesn't look bad