SAU Community

You Know Want To :d Let Me Drive Your Car!

made_guy

Howdy,

I was just wondering.... if anyone with a heavy duty button, ceramic, twin plate etc on their r33 gtst would let me drive it for like 2 minutes. You can sit in the car with me and/or take my car for a drive also.

I just want to drive around the block so to speak to see what different clutch setups feel like as i'm going to have a to get a new one shortly.

Can be in brisbane or the gold coast - and like i said, i only want to feel the clutch, i don't want to dump the clutch or do a burnout and you can have the keys to my car and follow me if you like.

Anyhoo, try not to flood me with offers :turned: but if anyone wants to help a brother out it would be much appreciated.

cheers

dane

I would like to do the same except I just want to get the feel for different tyre types :P Just need to take it for a drive down to an industrial area late at night and.... oh nevermind :D

I would help but I have no idea what my clutch is...... oooo gay isn't it. Not a bad idea your on there though.

Jim Berry made my clutch for my R33

I pushed 332rwkw @ the drags with 3rd gear 7500rpm burnouts easily and it was marginally heavier than stock...

Then after that it used to get dumped in 1st at around 4500rpm and launched like a little rocket... She stood up to everything with ease!!!

Was worth every cent, worth every cent...!!! :down:

how much was the jim berry clutch for your car col?

Cant remember to the dollar but it was around the $850-900 mark...

That included machining the flywheel also...

All i did was talk to him about my car and what was planned for it and he did everything else from there, could not be happier...

Talked to Jim today. Nice guy with plenty of time to talk to you about what you need the clutch for, etc etc. Great price for the product. Just gotta recover from paying my body corporate fees and then get my ass into gear and get a new clutch. frustrating not being able to properly drive the new 32

...hmm, shoulda put my alerts on. it would have been great to see a whole heap of thread whoring going on. :)

jagule - can you explain what you mean by "custom fingers"??

by the way, i created a thread in "drivetrain" about clutch reviews that no-one has added to...not sure why. everyone wants to say "i've got xxxkw and used xxx clutch and it's great" but doesn't want to provide it in a useful format...

Were telling you, just go and have a chat to Jim Berry...

You will get exactlly what you need at a great price...

No one goes anywhere else cause this is the only place to go...

No point in reviewing a heap of clutchs, as everyones needs and wants are different...

All you need to do is pick up the phone and say

"Hey Jim, heard your the man

I want a solid clutch that wont slip, and it needs to be as light as possible, infact standard feeling would be perfect"

He will then find a solution for you no worries... And as for pricing, he is the cheapest custom clutch builder ive ever known...

Not trying to be blunt, but your wsting your time doing anyhing else...

it needs to be as light as possible, infact standard feeling would be perfect"

and the award for the least heterosexual comment ever on SAU award goes to.......COL congrats big fella!

Sif want a standard feeling cluch, OS Giken twin plate FTW (apparently even that only just passed Dans 'man clutch'0 test :thumbsup: )