SAU Community

R34 Gtt Gear Box And Diff Oil

hulk

80,000 and for some reason the shit that came out of the diff was black (i mean black as coal) and as thin as saliva.. Strange..

Then they pumped redline in there and it felt like I had a new clutch, was popping gears everywhere changed felt like crap, can no longer quick change the diff reacts to slow, I feel that im going to crunch my gears.

For $150 bux they can $%^#&&%$^ Ill be sticking to a LSD Motul oil!

EDITED: I think im a little angry today.

Edited by DECIM8

Just narrowed it down a little more for you..

You can use the following from Motul:

90 PA SAE90

70W-140 GEAR COMPETION ( I THINK THATS OVERKILL IF YOUR STREET)

And to confirm with people that the R34 GTT does come from factory with a LSD I tracked down its specs:

Thank you GTR UK

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/3114-r34...ifications.html

Oh I think for what I read id go the 90PA

MOTUL AUSTRALIA

http://www.motul.com.au/product_line_up/gear_box/gear13.html

Edited by DECIM8

Does anyone know which gearbox and diff oil is good for the Skyline R34 GTT. My car has done about 44,000 km and it is very hard to change into 2nd gear. So I suspect it could be the gearbox and diff oil that needs changing.

I am also confused with the fact that people are saying the R34 have LSD, I thought only the R34 GTR got LSD, not the GTT right. Can anyone verified?

Thanks

R34 GT-T Manual comes with a helical LSD

R34 GT-T Auto comes with a viscous LSD

Actually Yeah, Driving has improved with the Redline in the box, seems to run alot smoother than before.

Ive found out the Helical LSD will run with any oil and LSD specific oil is not typically put into the diff, as long as its got oil it wont break according to the gurus. Which oil is up to you.

I still dont recommend Redline but its going to be a shit expensive task if I want to drop some new oil in.. The Motul 300 will work well. Mobil is good too.

I wouldnt bother with redline its prob for older cars.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually Yeah, Driving has improved with the Redline in the box, seems to run alot smoother than before.

Ive found out the Helical LSD will run with any oil and LSD specific oil is not typically put into the diff, as long as its got oil it wont break according to the gurus. Which oil is up to you.

I still dont recommend Redline but its going to be a shit expensive task if I want to drop some new oil in.. The Motul 300 will work well. Mobil is good too.

I wouldnt bother with redline its prob for older cars.

After reading your comment Decim8. The conclusion is Redline Shockproof is ok for gearbox and not for diff?

Anyway, I am already planning to try it out, putting Redline Shockproof lightweight in gearbox and putting Castrol SAF XA in Differential this Friday. Lets hope everything works out. Damn those oil costs $200+ bucks already :wave:

*fingers cross*

Finally got my gearbox oil changed to redline shockproof lightweight and diff oil changed to Castrol SAF-XA.

Done about 200-300 km already, feels the same, dont notice any differences.

I guess the gearbox and diff haven't got any problems, so can't really fix anything :)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this thread.

I have just done about 1500-2000 km after the gearbox oil changed (Redline Shockproof Lightweight).

There are actually quite a bit of difference now, the gear seems so much smoother than before even with colder weather morning start.

I am happy with the result so far, smooth as butter and it just slides in neatly going into 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Also able to get into first gear easier than before.

Not sure if it is killing my gearbox right now, but time will tell.

Hope this help for other seeking advice on the redline gearbox oil.

Cheers.

• Like 1