SAU Community

One For The Boys In Blue

Zilch*

Hey guys well I've noticed lately a lot of threads being made to have a rant about the police so I thought I'd share a good experience I had tonight.

I finished work and offered to drive home a co-worker to Neutral Bay. Now I don't know this area and went around a corner on slight boost, down a dip at about 70(too fast I know)... Slap bang into a RBT setup around the corner. The police then waved me over and proceeded to ask me what speed I was travelling around the corner. As I didn't actually know I replied that I didn't know the area or the speed limit but admitted to probably going a little too quick.

They then told me that my gauges and rear light up skyline logo were defects, despite my polite and informative reasoning with them. After this they checked my license over, found that I haven't had any bookings or reports in 5 years of driving and let me go on my merry way without any fines, defects and without lifting the hood to have a look at the goodies(thankgod). All the while my loud exhaust was rumbling and they knew as well as I did that I had done the wrong thing(which one of the officers pointed out before they let me go).

So there you go, from potentially receiving a speeding fine and several defects, worse if they lifted the bonnet, just being polite and non-argumentative meant that I got to leave with nothing but a warning. Don't be a dick to them and most of the time they won't be a dick to you.

Cheers Steve.

Exactly Steve,

It all comes back to treat others how you want to be treated.

(Although if you were in the wrong, as you can admit it also Steve, you must expect some penalty from your actions, again, be polite and the situation can turn out like Steve's!)

So many cops out yesterday..

Speed trap Bondi Road /RBT/Defects maybe

Speed trap Heading towards paddington with a huge RBT/ defect if need be station going.

RBT trap set up heading towards kensington.

And I'm positive it's an undercover cop that sits on the Entrance to southern cross drive around the airport to the left.. Lights off, waiting for someone to boost past him as the temptation is pretty high from empty lights into a good 2-3km of road.

Saying that I weaved my way through all of them :P

To be honest i still think it comes down to the cop himself.

Everytime ive been pulled over i'm nice. I know that i haven't done anything wrong (i've never been done for speeding etc) and i know they are there to look over the car.

But there are some cops, either who have had a bad night/day, or are just out to get you, and no amount of nice-ness can change their decision.

I find at RBT stations, unless they are busy, you can get off without opening your bonnet. If they are quiet, get ready to "just drive up over here sir" and starting opening your bonnet.

I find at RBT stations, unless they are busy, you can get off without opening your bonnet. If they are quiet, get ready to "just drive up over here sir" and starting opening your bonnet.

i find the above quite true lol

with my old wrx, whenever i get waved on the side for RBT, they usually say "just drive up over here sir" then stop pulling over cars :D

Then everyone one will just come swarm all over the car lol i was thinking, hello ummmm why r u all checking my car lol theres other cars

getting away from getting RBT lol.

Thanks god the skylines been good so far. Not that i drive recklessly, maybe its the wrx itself :P

I just tail gate the car infront and hide the car, obviously try drop back a few spots as at least 6 cars will fit in at one time, when you see 6 cars go in pull back from tail gating so you dont get in shit and then at last second they see you attempt to lift there arm as you zoom by.

But I only do it when I dont really want to get picked on i.e in sutho area.. I dont mind any other place most of the cops are pretty nice these days and yet to have a bad experence.

I always figure you treat people nice they will treat you well. seems to work to date

ah very nice.

its good to hear some positive stories once in a while...well done steve..good work..sounds like you handled it in a very mature manner.

Cheers

Nick

Cheers mate, I'm just sick of all the threads about bad experiences so I thought I'd tip the scales a little. Anyone who knows my car or has heard it would know I'm very lucky that they didn't lift the bonnet, could've really had fun defecting me then!

I guess my stealth-style bodykit approach worked :P

a freind of mine is in training to become a cop. he told me last weekend any person an officer runs into regardless of how. they have a "presonality test" if you act like a dick they will get you for everything they can, if your nice admit you did something wrong but werent aware or whatever most of the time they will let you go.

That's pretty much what I did, no point in lying to 5 cops really. I said I didn't know the area(which was true) and that I may have gone to quick around the corner but I wasn't watching the speedo so I don't really know how quick, felt pretty safe to me and pulled up easily before the RBT which was about 20 meters around the corner, without standing on the anchors. But they would've seriously have heard my car coming, the exhaust and turbo I have is pretty loud, not sure why.

Hey mate not sure as I don't know the area, I went Harbour Bridge and took the North Sydney exit, then swung right over the distributor and down through a few twists and turns, took a left and there they were lol

I was pulled up for a "Random Breath test" last year in the GTST, this is before I tamed down the exhaust so I was a little worried it might make the officer a bit agro. I jumped out and showed him my license, he came back and said my Exhaust was low. (HKS jobby).

I agreed with him and told him it's also really loud and drives me nuts, and that its being replaced soon (few weeks later it was replaced). He laughed, told me to have a good day and went on his way.

I think the older you get the better the police treat you, sadly alot of performance car owners are wankers so the cops are apprehensive.

That said the skyline sits in the garage 340 days a year, but I have been pulled up a few times. With over 150,000km traveled in my other cars in the last few years I have only ever been pulled up for a RBT once.

zilch are you on your p's? im guessing by the fact that you got let off was because your not.... p-plate = defects,fines etc.

not always true,

I've had my r34 for more than 2 years and only just got off my P's a week ago.

In that time only pulled over 3 times, 2 RBT's 1 I powerslided a corner and an undercover copper saw me (stupid I know, bad day, brain explosion, my bad)

undercover cop asked me why I did what I did, I was very apologetic and admitted I was in the wrong, let off with a warning.

1 RBT was breath tested then let go, the other one they made me pop the bonnet, but was let off with a warning about the exposed pod to get fixed.

I say it's more your attitude and driving than anything else

i got RBTed about 2 years ago and they asked me to pop my bonnet and they said i had to change all my mods

then he said ill give u a warning and thats it, lucky i havent been thorugh another RBT

The other day i was leaving work at 2am and a cop pulled me over. I was panicing coz someone had stolen my P plates so i had none on. I jumped out of the car and the lady officer yells out Get back in the car!!! Then i got breath tested and she said go home

She didnt even ask for my licence PHEW!! If she did. i would have been in big trouble

I raced a motorbike and a cop saw it a few months back, I got a serve and so did the biker, but I admitted fault, agreed I was stupid and he let me off with a 'don't let me catch you doing it again'. Just lick their a$$es, boost their ego and they usually let you off. Unless they realise your weasel tactics, then your gonna get your a$$ handed to you

ive got a story like that but i was in the m3.

i came out of a servo onto fairford rd (its a 3 lane rd, very wide and i had just gotten it back on the road and run in as we had just rebuilt the motor). i left the servo and put the foot down and was sideways till the set of lights around 50m away. i know i shouldnt have done it bla bla bla etc etc.

coppers in an undercover saw the whole thing and pulled me over and asked the usual things after they checked my record, why did you do it? that was stupid, you've had your car impounded for doing the same crap before, give me a reason why i shouldnt impound your car now. i was totally apolagetic, very sincere and they let me off. i know i was doing the wrong thing but the m3 handles so well - i couldnt help it.

so yeah, cops are tops every 1/100 times. every other time theyve been absolute flamin mongrels... a bunch of c*nts too.

Edited by SECURITY

lol. agreed... maybe 1/100.... not to mention the ones you're lucky enough to not encounter coz they're goin the other way.

How many RBT stations are manned by highway patrol but? I wouldnt suspect many....