SAU Community

New edition of Fast Fours - Great Read

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exstatic: its unpainted carbon fibre with a high gloss finish...

I *may* paint it down the track.

Not for quite a while though.... I reckon on any colour other than white you'd want it to match..... looks awesome on a white car

Hey By BY,

Are the pics on UAS website for the carbon fibre bonnet of your car? If not they have exactly the same car setup as you dude!!! Awesome bonnet, thinking about it for my car (though not sure if carbon on blue would look as good as white).

UAS have it for around $980 from memory...

Brett

Guest Simon-MrRx7

haha i see i got a mention on Page 100 with the write up of the drifting in adelaide with the Angry sounding AE86, red rx7 and 180sx :)

guess who the rx7 was lolol

not a bad issue this one... i was interested in their turbo build up for the R33... they didnt acctually say which bearing they used, im assuming its a bush bearing on the rebuild.. but that doesnt seem to justify their high price

Originally posted by fatz

fast four with several r33/4 articles am i the only one laughting  my arse offf

almost as funny as the current 2 door commodore being  a copy(the same car) of a s 70 volvo

funny this **** cracks me up

funny

pete

Sorry Pete,

I didn't get that bit about the Volvo and Commodore? can you explain that a bit more?? is it a replica of the volvo or sumfin?? hhahah that would be sooo funny if it is!!!:lol:

Originally posted by BY BY

exstatic: its unpainted carbon fibre with a high gloss finish...

I *may* paint it down the track.

Not for quite a while though.... I reckon on any colour other than white you'd want it to match..... looks awesome on a white car

pffft...just looks like you were too pov to paint all the panels the same colour :lol:

*runs and hides behind Monty*

:(:P:p:p

25gtt

yea just doing some boozin

na but really you look at a s70 iced volvo and a 2 door dunnydore and the thing r identical its crazy man

also word on the drunken pool table says that the s70 was developed by walkensure(spelling) hrt guy

volvo bought the basic design for the car for a sum of money(11MIL PER MODEL)

the same basic design was then used for the dunnydore designe

have a look at the two together and then listen to the story.. made sence to me after 5 beers but hey dont let the true t=get in the way of a good yarn.

now s70 is front drive turbo car but you can have many diffrent dengin configurations on a set design

so anyway my story will be proven when holden bring out the munro convertable and it has the same foor mechanism as the s 70 convertable

so basically im saying dunny dore is a porlly made iced volvo

some day i will write a book an they shall call me pete nostradamouse fatz

pete

Shell how could you! no more action for you! :O

how dare you compare me to urmine in terms of being to pov to paint my car bits.... thats the lowest form of insult to a car owner! :uh-huh:

no more action??...ever??? :)

hahaha ok you're not pov :)

your car is the sexiest looking chequerboard I have EVER seen *digs herself in deeper* LOL!! just jokes Nick you know I think it looks SEXY :uh-huh:

Well, I went out and bought this issue (after a four year hiatus) on the reconmendations of this thread. I didn't hold much hope for this type of magazine, all I expected was a half decent article on R33 turbo upgrades - they couldn't even provide that much.

About "NGH", the white R33 from Perth,

vinyl carbon fibre-look...

Power FC and S-AFC...

Think he knows how to spell R-I-C-E?

A couple of classic quotes from the owner:

"I got ten times the attention out on the road once the graphics were on," he relishes, "especially from school kids, who were always yelling out their compliments."

and

"I wanted mine to have a 'fast and furious' style about it"

I feel embarrased for this guy.

The only sign of improvement in this magazine, is that they've stopped draping models over cars (a poor excuse to keep things on topic) and given them a page of they're own.

With any luck, it'll be at least another four years before I open the pages of this type of magazine again.

Love the shallow comments there gradenko...... everyone prefers there own style.... who really cares if he likes the whole "fast and furious theme"

Face facts.... many people like there car to look the part before working the engine.....unfortunately there will always be people like you out there that are critical of anything that is aestheically orientated...

its a real shame you wasted your $6.95

/end of speil

BY BY, it wasn't intended as a personal hit to you. I understand you like the theme he has chosen, and indeed, minus the stickers it would look the part. I must congratulate you on using an authentic CF bonnet, that fact alone separates you from common attention seekers like our friend here.

As far as being shallow, I believe his "looks from school kids" comment is far more shallow than anything I've said (or ever will say).

And yes, it is a shame I wasted my $6.95.

Maybe the guy likes schoolgirls :lol: - PS it wasnt taken as a personal hit by me, as u werent referring to me.Also, as has been said before that car was (its not been sold) actually a very well presented car, comments aside it built as the owner saw fit......frankly good on him

Sure the comments arent the sort you would hear myself or others say but i reckon the majority of the guys on here think the car was well done.

If you dont like certain cars thats cool. Dont waltz around a skyline enthusists forum making statements like u did.

/peace

PS: are you sure your not just jealous that "schoolkids" dont check you out as you drive past

:uh-huh:

/out

Originally posted by BY BY

Dont waltz around a skyline enthusists forum making statements like u did.

Well, those comments are my opinion and I think this forum is fairly open to ppl expressing them. What I typed is better than what I'm thinking in RealLife - that would be closer to defamation, and not fit to print.

In any case, who doesn't like schoolgirls :D:

I think the EDITOR of Fast Fours didn't do his job correctly here by printing that he had a Power FC and SAFC, I mean do they think that the readers of these mags are stupid or something. He should've questioned the owner on the matter as it makes his mag look stupid, is it even possible to run the two Apexi units together?