SAU Community

Nistune Powerfc Hks Fcon Haltech Ems Link Ecu Etc Real Time Road Tune And Dyno Tune Available In Sydney And Other State

Toshi

just completed my remap with toshi.

r33 gtst w/ turbo, injectors, plenum, exhaust, afm, pod, fmic etc

results are unreal, i am absolutely stoked. well worth the money.

will post up dyno graph when i get a run soon.

thanks toshi!

Hi I had Toshi do my ecu (im in Perth) I would have much rather do the road tune with him but he is in Sydney... I have a 1997 S2 AUTO r33 skyline with front mount intercooler , turbo tech boost controller running 10-11 psi, full 3" exhaust turbo back, pod with CAI, Walbro fuel pump,

The car ran ok before but since putting the remapped ECU in the cars power seems more linear and pulls right through the rev range... On the Dyno it achieved 268hp = 200rwkw and afr's were good was slightly higher than anticipated but dyno's being dyno's ...Bottom line the car runs great ..... He was very helpful to me and I did contact him a lot of times. I would highly recommend his services ..... thanks Toshi...

Hi I had Toshi do my ecu (im in Perth) I would have much rather do the road tune with him but he is in Sydney... I have a 1997 S2 AUTO r33 skyline with front mount intercooler , turbo tech boost controller running 10-11 psi, full 3" exhaust turbo back, pod with CAI, Walbro fuel pump,

The car ran ok before but since putting the remapped ECU in the cars power seems more linear and pulls right through the rev range... On the Dyno it achieved 268hp = 200rwkw and afr's were good was slightly higher than anticipated but dyno's being dyno's ...Bottom line the car runs great ..... He was very helpful to me and I did contact him a lot of times. I would highly recommend his services ..... thanks Toshi...

I meant the power was higher than anticipated ....... not afr's :-)

the 430 is good for about 220-230rwkw depending on how much boost you want to squeeze out of it. my understanding is that the 480 is good for about 250-260ish rwkw. if its not much more expensive id recommend going for the 480. that being said, my 430 is doing the job nicely at the moment, spools up quickly too, 18psi by about 3800rpm. apparently the 480 is a bit laggier.

depends what youre after i spose.

Hey Toshi,

Do you remember what power you made with the KKR430, I was thinkin bout puttin a KKR480, what do you reccommend for me to do to increase the response?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Toshi I have a 95 GTST Skyline Sedan Auto looks like nothing has been done apart from the earthing of the duel stage boost controller.

It has a AFR meter which says it is lean most of the time but chews does like 330km to a tank maybe my driving getting used to the skyline. It has the trick where it stalls sometimes going around a corner if you tap the peddel. It also looks like it has a type s BOV on it but plumbed back to air intake.

With your remap would this fix the idle issue and also the fuel econ. I dont want too much more power and I want to try and keep it quiet as I just got my licence back lol and the Mrs's drives it also.

Would you suggest a boost controller and FMIC (I do alot of city driving)

Thanks

Robbie

Hi Toshi I have a 95 GTST Skyline Sedan Auto looks like nothing has been done apart from the earthing of the duel stage boost controller.

It has a AFR meter which says it is lean most of the time but chews does like 330km to a tank maybe my driving getting used to the skyline. It has the trick where it stalls sometimes going around a corner if you tap the peddel. It also looks like it has a type s BOV on it but plumbed back to air intake.

With your remap would this fix the idle issue and also the fuel econ. I dont want too much more power and I want to try and keep it quiet as I just got my licence back lol and the Mrs's drives it also.

Would you suggest a boost controller and FMIC (I do alot of city driving)

Thanks

Robbie

Please tell me is your AFR meter widband?

Please come to me I will check your car.

• 1 month later...

Hey Toshi.

Just curious. Can you only get a daughterboard for an R34 Gtt or can you do a remap? What's the difference? Can't do Nistune on R34 can you?

I have a NISMO exhaust turbo back. Soon to have a high-flow cat and FMIC and boost controller.

Will be seeing you very soon :)

R34 ecu need daughterboard install for remap.

Daughterboard need x2 emulator and NISTUNE board do not need emulator for remap.

Daughterboard much cheaper than NISTUNE board.

Yes I can R34 NISTUNE.(NISTUNE and remap is same)

Hey Toshi.

Just curious. Can you only get a daughterboard for an R34 Gtt or can you do a remap? What's the difference? Can't do Nistune on R34 can you?

I have a NISMO exhaust turbo back. Soon to have a high-flow cat and FMIC and boost controller.

Will be seeing you very soon :)

Daughterboard and NISTUNE board is same performance.(Daughterboard need emulator and NISTUNE board do not need)

Also Im using both NISTUNE softwear.

If you do not know eprom emulator please search it.

That's not too bad. I wouldn't mind paying the extra for the NISTUNE as long as its going to have some benefit?

• 3 months later...

hey Toshi

i want to make a booking for road tune...

ive got a r32 RB20DET

MODS

splitdump pipe 3" all the way thru (no cat)

front mount intercooler

K&N filter CAI

Greedy Profec b II boost controll turned off.. (coz i want it to be tuned and set at a safe boost level)

Thats about it.. any recomendations prior to tune like oil change? do the plugs?

im from sydney BTW thanks

I sent PM.

Thank you

hey Toshi

i want to make a booking for road tune...

ive got a r32 RB20DET

MODS

splitdump pipe 3" all the way thru (no cat)

front mount intercooler

K&N filter CAI

Greedy Profec b II boost controll turned off.. (coz i want it to be tuned and set at a safe boost level)

Thats about it.. any recomendations prior to tune like oil change? do the plugs?

im from sydney BTW thanks

Toshi,

PM details about options for retuning ECU on a 2001 M35 Stagea (VQ25DET).

The only mod I know of so far is a Nissan Performance Muffler (Nismo?), it's a cat. back.

Chewing through heaps of fuel thanks to Nissan Japan factory tune :D

• Latest Posts

• OK, so. Look very closely at this. Here is a snip of the ECU diagram. Note that the VSS (Vehicle Speed Signal) input to the ECU is sent from the speedo head. The speed sensor on the gearbox (whether auto or manual) is connected to the speedo, and the speedo converts that AC voltage signal to a 0-5V DC PWM signal that the ECU reads. Pin 58 is NOT used by the ECU. It is used by the TCU. And unlike Duncan's thought on the matter, I would think that the only comparison done (by the TCU) would between trans output shaft speed and engine rpm. This so that the TCU can know whether the lockup converter is doing its thing, the clutches are managing shifts appropriately, etc etc. I would be willing to bet that the only speed signal you need to intercept with any speed cut defender, regardless of auto or manual transmission, would be the VSS into pin 29. That is the only speed signal available on a manual. And here is the rub. Your car is a manual. So why are we even having this conversation. There is NO speed signal input on pin 58 on your car right now and it runs just fine. That should tell you how important that pin is for your manual ECU.
    • well, here's hoping it is off to a good home, looks like the new owner got a steal
    • That's the last time I'll see the 180sx. It's off to Victoria do keep an eye out for it down there. 
    • Well, I want to  move to AN8 fittings, and the OEM has a barb.   And I plan on doing these things first, as I can do them, and if the problem persists after I will then take it to a mechanic.
    • Definitely do just gotta pay for your own ticket and hotel rooms lol