SAU Community

Nistune Powerfc Hks Fcon Haltech Ems Link Ecu Etc Real Time Road Tune And Dyno Tune Available In Sydney And Other State

Toshi

Also R34 boosted up under 12psi , it will ping at 3600-4400rpm when the accelerator is put down on street.

Because R34 ignition map is 3600-4400rpm very hi ignition timing for Australia fuel.(maybe 100 octane fuel is OK)

I am finding this with R33 S2, 40th anniversary model. Even on standard boost, it will ping if I run 10psi in midrange RPM.

100RON fuel made a big difference, but I can't get it locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Toshi,

Need a tune badly mate.

Car:

R33 Gtst

Mods:

- Walbro in tank fuel pump

- GCG High Flow

- Front Mount Intercooler

- Spark Plugs Gapped .8mm

- 3inch Turbo Back Exhaust

- Boost Controller

- Apexi Pod Shielded

- Cold Air Intake.

Looking for 230+rwkw.

Am I missing anything here?

Please let me know.

Will book in Dyno tune in next month or two.

Cheers!

RJ.

Toshi,

Need a tune badly mate.

Car:

R33 Gtst

Mods:

- Walbro in tank fuel pump

- GCG High Flow

- Front Mount Intercooler

- Spark Plugs Gapped .8mm

- 3inch Turbo Back Exhaust

- Boost Controller

- Apexi Pod Shielded

- Cold Air Intake.

Looking for 230+rwkw.

Am I missing anything here?

Please let me know.

Will book in Dyno tune in next month or two.

Cheers!

RJ.

I sent PM.

hi,

can you offer generic tuning for "standard" mods ie r33 running FMIC, stock turbo at 12 psi ,3" exhaust with 98 ron.

Just for those of us who do not live near you, we can post you our ecu and have it corrected?

Like a mines spec ecu- better AF ratios over 10 psi, better boost timings, lose the speed limiter etc.

I know it wont be as hard tuned as the ones that you road/dyno tunes better just better then the standard ones.

Lads,

Had my ECU remapped my Toshi today.

Easily the best $500 bucks ive spent in a long long time. Its a rare event for me when i drive away from something genuinely thinking i got my moneys worth. This time its without question.

Toshi spent much of his sunday tuning my car until i was happy, explained every part of the process clearly and kept me completely involved. The car is absolutely flying and i couldnt be happier. His focused attitude and attention to detail was second to none, this was very apparent especially after dealing with peanut after peanut mechanic (and twice the cash) who obviously had no idea.

I strongly recommend his services to anyone. He clearly knows his stuff, and takes the time to do it properly. Pretty bloody rare (and valuable) in my book. Ill take the car nowhere else.

Thanks again Toshi, we will speak soon about the intercooler etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Thank you Mattw_83.

thank you for asking datsfreak.

Sure I do send generic tuned ecu.

What I usually do is,

Firstly I will ask you for a deposit. ($450 for ecu and $200 for deposit)

Then I'll send you the spare tuned ecu that i have.

After making sure you are happy with the tuning, i will ask you to send me your untuned ecu and i will send you back the $200 deposit.

I did samething for robmbt.(and other many custermer)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re....html&st=80

hi,

can you offer generic tuning for "standard" mods ie r33 running FMIC, stock turbo at 12 psi ,3" exhaust with 98 ron.

Just for those of us who do not live near you, we can post you our ecu and have it corrected?

Like a mines spec ecu- better AF ratios over 10 psi, better boost timings, lose the speed limiter etc.

I know it wont be as hard tuned as the ones that you road/dyno tunes better just better then the standard ones.

It'd be better if you go to dyno after you recieve the remaped ecu.

Since I cannot site the condition of your car, fitting chip can be potentionally dangerous at full boost.

So I ask customers to go to dyno straight after recieving the ecu to check ignition timing , AFR, ping, etc is fine.

If there are any problems, I will send you another chip.

Hi Toshi,

What are the potential problems with the generic tune and would it help if I got a dyno graph with AFRs to send you beforehand?

I just read what you did for robmbt, he got 200RWKW at 10-11psi from a AUTO.

THATS awesome(its a auto!)! When I get some cash together I will contact you.

Thank you Mattw_83.

thank you for asking datsfreak.

Sure I do send generic tuned ecu.

What I usually do is,

Firstly I will ask you for a deposit. ($450 for ecu and $200 for deposit)

Then I'll send you the spare tuned ecu that i have.

After making sure you are happy with the tuning, i will ask you to send me your untuned ecu and i will send you back the $200 deposit.

I did samething for robmbt.(and other many custermer)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re....html&st=80

• 4 weeks later...

I can highly recommend this tune, I just got it done last weekend and the difference is amazing.

The car feels really strong and has absolutely no flat spots, it feels like a whole new car.

I am yet to dyno my car to see how much power it is making but it feels very healthy!

Thanks Toshi!

Edited by da spike

hey toshi, got a question similar to "datsfreak", only difference being, my motor is a RB25DE+T (ie, hi-comp turbo motor)

a list of the mods iv done so far is here, along with a few bits that are on the drawing boards (bigger fuel pump, rising rate regulator, bigger exhaust) as you can probly tell, im building it up to be basically a high comp standard RB25DET motor.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ig...em-t277719.html

basically why im asking is that i live in western victoria, which would be a good 18-20hour trip from sydney (in that time, anything can break, especially on an untuned car)

would it still be possible for me to send you up my ECU and get a remapped one sent down to suit my highcomp motor? would there be any extra cost involved etc...

i have access to a dyno so yeah...have heard nothing but good things about you mate, theres plenty of other tuners down here in vic/sa, but you seem to give the best bang for buck from what i can tell...

hope you can help me :banana:

hey toshi, got a question similar to "datsfreak", only difference being, my motor is a RB25DE+T (ie, hi-comp turbo motor)

a list of the mods iv done so far is here, along with a few bits that are on the drawing boards (bigger fuel pump, rising rate regulator, bigger exhaust) as you can probly tell, im building it up to be basically a high comp standard RB25DET motor.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ig...em-t277719.html

basically why im asking is that i live in western victoria, which would be a good 18-20hour trip from sydney (in that time, anything can break, especially on an untuned car)

would it still be possible for me to send you up my ECU and get a remapped one sent down to suit my highcomp motor? would there be any extra cost involved etc...

i have access to a dyno so yeah...have heard nothing but good things about you mate, theres plenty of other tuners down here in vic/sa, but you seem to give the best bang for buck from what i can tell...

hope you can help me :banana:

I can remap.

I remaped his RB25D+T and he got near 180kw.

Also he is living is VIC.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ad...ml&hl=toshi

• 2 weeks later...

• Latest Posts

• OK, so. Look very closely at this. Here is a snip of the ECU diagram. Note that the VSS (Vehicle Speed Signal) input to the ECU is sent from the speedo head. The speed sensor on the gearbox (whether auto or manual) is connected to the speedo, and the speedo converts that AC voltage signal to a 0-5V DC PWM signal that the ECU reads. Pin 58 is NOT used by the ECU. It is used by the TCU. And unlike Duncan's thought on the matter, I would think that the only comparison done (by the TCU) would between trans output shaft speed and engine rpm. This so that the TCU can know whether the lockup converter is doing its thing, the clutches are managing shifts appropriately, etc etc. I would be willing to bet that the only speed signal you need to intercept with any speed cut defender, regardless of auto or manual transmission, would be the VSS into pin 29. That is the only speed signal available on a manual. And here is the rub. Your car is a manual. So why are we even having this conversation. There is NO speed signal input on pin 58 on your car right now and it runs just fine. That should tell you how important that pin is for your manual ECU.
    • well, here's hoping it is off to a good home, looks like the new owner got a steal
    • That's the last time I'll see the 180sx. It's off to Victoria do keep an eye out for it down there. 
    • Well, I want to  move to AN8 fittings, and the OEM has a barb.   And I plan on doing these things first, as I can do them, and if the problem persists after I will then take it to a mechanic.
    • Definitely do just gotta pay for your own ticket and hotel rooms lol