SAU Community

Honda Vs Nissan..

Get a celica. Mines been goin strong for over 4 years now, and I'm a leadfoot. I'm teaching my girl to drive in it, and she reckons its easy to drive. Uses no fuel (compared to my GT-R), pretty quick, and toyotas have good resale if they aren't an import. :D

That or get a DC2 type R integra

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a celica. Mines been goin strong for over 4 years now, and I'm a leadfoot. I'm teaching my girl to drive in it, and she reckons its easy to drive. Uses no fuel (compared to my GT-R), pretty quick, and toyotas have good resale if they aren't an import. :D

That or get a DC2 type R integra

apperently the celicas arent all that fun to drive in buh ive never had a shot of it myself.. the dc2 type R integra? how hard are they to find in aus and wat price range would i be in?

was thinkin of keepin my first car till my full licence comes buh think i wont have nuff money by den to by a gtr newai.. wats the resale of the integras?

Carsales and Carpoint would be the best place to find how much each car roughly costs. I don't think you'll be able to get a decent dc2r for $10k.

Don't get a 1.3ltr carby in the civic. You'll get sick of the power real quick if you're after some power. My car's got a 1.3ltr carby as well, but at least it's rear wheel drive. Could have some fun in it. Can't imagine being in a civic with shit all power fun. :D

Well both nissians and hondas are expensive to fix if they break, but they rarely break. I have owned a lancer, celica and a skyline...Lancer was a absolute piece of crap, but great on fuel. Celica was to small for me but my sister seems to like it, and then my skyline, eats away at fuel, but god i love it.

it really depends on how much your willing to spend, and wether your considering fuel costs. And of course your preference in cars.

You can get your bargins, like my skyline. I bought it for 6 grand, talked the guy down 2 grand cause he needed money asap.

carpoint is your best place to find cars.

if your going to buy a new car once your off your P's then it doesnt really matter what you drive for now.

i bought an n/a r33 to drive until i can afford a turbo car, and for what it is its quite quick

i can dish some chop to all n/a silvias and have even given unmodded turbo silvias a run for there money

and being rear wheel drive its more fun to drive than a fwd honda.

just get the car that YOU think looks the best then save your pennies for that turbo car

10k aint gonna buy you a DC2 Type R...Not even by a long shot...Forget that..MX5 is a great little beast, but check prices also..Hondas are a great little machine, I would go the civic VTiR VTEC engine myself...but with Hondas any modification you make is gonna cost big $$....That said maybe just the civic lowered with decent wheels and a sports exhaust..nothing more done would make for an awesome machine....But 10k may be stretched to do all that..Either way most of the cars people have suggested I dont believe you could go wrong...Decisions....

10k aint gonna buy you a DC2 Type R...Not even by a long shot...Forget that..MX5 is a great little beast, but check prices also..Hondas are a great little machine, I would go the civic VTiR VTEC engine myself...but with Hondas any modification you make is gonna cost big $$....That said maybe just the civic lowered with decent wheels and a sports exhaust..nothing more done would make for an awesome machine....But 10k may be stretched to do all that..Either way most of the cars people have suggested I dont believe you could go wrong...Decisions....

yeh i love all those cars.. its jus deciding wat to go for and keep for the next four years thats stoppin me from buyin one :)