SAU Community

Mearcat A Pillar Pod Installed [pics]

rubba

I finally got around to installing my gauge pod and Alan who makes them wanted some pics so I figured I may as well make a post here so you guys can see what they look like installed.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

As you can see from the last pic I ran the boost line and light wiring down through the weather strip on the door which comes out at the top of the kickpanel and then up under the dash. A 90 deg bend for the boost gauge would be ideal but I just coiled the boost line around inside the pod and it comes out in the front corner. When the door is closed you don't see it anyway.

I didn't have any double sided tape so its just in there with blutak which worked way better than I thought it would. Probably not the best permanent solution and it will probably go all melty after a day parked in the sun.

Overall it does the job well and looks good! Sure beats having the gauge zip tied onto the side of the cupholders :thumbsup:

Only thing I would suggest is to get one of the little plastic visors to fit on the front of the gauge cause at night when lit up it reflects up onto the windscreen which annoyed me a bit.

Edited by rubba