SAU Community

Straight Line Performance

Amir

dont you think if you put your foot down in a 300rwkw car, it will wheelspin at 80km/h

To humour you I'll answer this question directly, too.

It depends on how good the rest of the car is.

I've driven a 280rwkW 350Z running a 275 width Pirelli P Zero. With a rolling start in 1st gear, it wheelspun around 600RPM from redline. Second gear roll starts were completely fuss-free all the way to the limiter.

If you're talking about some shithouse car with retreads on the back then, yeah, it might be a struggle. But the W427 or the new Typhoon would have its suspension engineered around its power output. If a 350Z with geometry-affecting lowering springs and 275 width tyres can cope with that amount of power and torque, so can a modern Falcodore.

Lets think about that, based on my post that we're responding directly to Amir's question in the first post of this thread?

(Emphasis added by me, spelling mistake is by him)

Would you care to revise your statement, given the context of his question?

OK heres a scenario. the 3 cars are all in 3rd doing 40km/hr in the dry and they floor it. The 3 cars dont lose traction.

My assumption will be that the F6 and w427 will not fall behind the GTR. Similar weight, power and torque.

If Im not wrong the old F6 had accleration figures from 80-120km same as the Porsche 911.

It sounds like compare Falcon XT, Holden Omega with WRX :laughing-smiley-014:

Come on, they aren't same league.

FG F6, W427 should compare with BMW M3, M5 or AMG E63...

and GT-R should compare with Porsche 997TT or Corvette Z06...

FORD, HOLDEN .........stop dreaming :nyaanyaa:

The R35 wins acceleration comparos with ferraris, Lambos and plenty of other past and present exotica. Why does the performance seem to contradict establish traditional power to weight boundaries? My guess (cos I'll never get near the tiller of one!) is a combo of traction control, more advanced electronic controlling of various components (eg 'box, diff, susp., turbo boost, launch ctrl, clutch etc) and, yes, 4WD.

Other pts...

CSV makes the car tested in the latest MOTOR, not HSV.

Traction is going to be an issue with RWD high powered cars, even once rolling.

The F6 will not produce (stock) more than 310kW and will weigh more than GTR (think 13.2 ish WITH t/c).

The W427 will produce more power than GTR, will be significantly porkier and won't better high 12's, stock.

People on those forums WILL compare apples with oranges all day...

Me... I'll be drinking reconstituted juice, but I still dream of the taste of the real thing!

OK heres a scenario. the 3 cars are all in 3rd doing 40km/hr in the dry and they floor it. The 3 cars dont lose traction.

My assumption will be that the F6 and w427 will not fall behind the GTR. Similar weight, power and torque.

At what speed do they stop? What gear are they in?

If you're talking about a 3rd or 4th gear roll from 40km/hr to the top of 3rd on the HSV, it would be close. The R35 will be off-boost.

If we're talking first gear from 40km/hr to 160km/hr (the "old ton"), even if the W427 doesn't break traction when you grab second its gearchange will still be far slower than the R35's. The ratios should also be a lot closer in the GT-R. The R35 will be on boost by 40km/hr so the displacement advantage over a smaller turbo engine is negated. Its aerodynamic profile is better.

I'd say the two sedans would struggle to keep up with the GT-R.

And the F6 won't even be a competitor. There's no way FPV will permit their I6 to outpower their range-topping V8, for marketing reasons. The knuckle draggers who buy these kinds of cars wouldn't stand for it. And the Ford V8 is well off the pace. Unless FPV somehow manages to find a couple of Ford GT engines and fit them, the F6 will always be hobbled to under 300kW.

i read that the GTR acceleration 0-100 from roll start is about 4.2 (cant find the article i read it)

so thats how ford and holden get such good 0-100 times?

rolling at 0 k's an hour....:P

alright alright i got my words mixed up , no need to point and laugh :cheers:

i read somewere ( cant confirm were ) that the gtr accelerated from 0-100 in about 4.2 without using the launch control , thats what i meant.

alright alright i got my words mixed up , no need to point and laugh :/

i read somewere ( cant confirm were ) that the gtr accelerated from 0-100 in about 4.2 without using the launch control , thats what i meant.

ROFL!!!!

dude, seriously WTF?

its under 4s without launch control...

go youtube and check out the review/test videos

hahaha its like 3.4s 0-100km wif launch control

thats what i read. I dont necessarily believe it but just thought i would share it with you.. oh well sorry for posting

Edited by Zoggy

guys i think there is some confustion here... I know it pulled 3.3 sec 0-100... but i read on one of the earlier reviews that it took the tester 4.2 seconds from 0-100 WITHOUT launch control... i dont really beleive it would take that long but i havnt seen anyone test the 0-100 without launch control , does anyone know what it would pull ??

Edited by Zoggy

alright alright i got my words mixed up , no need to point and laugh :down:

it's about 4s flat if you don't use launch control.

guys i think there is some confustion here... I know it pulled 3.3 sec 0-100... but i read on one of the earlier reviews that it took the tester 4.2 seconds from 0-100 WITHOUT launch control... i dont really beleive it would take that long but i havnt seen anyone test the 0-100 without launch control , does anyone know what it would pull ??

can't see why some are getting so pissed off b/c you qouted a time 0.2s off without launch control?

Why is it every one is trying to find some scenario were a Ford or Holden may win, the fact is on a track road scenario the GTR is faster that is that, you take 100 scenarios the GTR will win 99% but Holden, Ford fans wil say but it bet a GTR 1% FFS get over it. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
To humour you I'll answer this question directly, too.

It depends on how good the rest of the car is.

I've driven a 280rwkW 350Z running a 275 width Pirelli P Zero. With a rolling start in 1st gear, it wheelspun around 600RPM from redline. Second gear roll starts were completely fuss-free all the way to the limiter.

If you're talking about some shithouse car with retreads on the back then, yeah, it might be a struggle. But the W427 or the new Typhoon would have its suspension engineered around its power output. If a 350Z with geometry-affecting lowering springs and 275 width tyres can cope with that amount of power and torque, so can a modern Falcodore.

Hell my TT 350z with Kumho's and load's of neg camber on rear wont spin up 2nd when hitting boost.