SAU Community

150 Rwkw On A R32 Gtr! (update 6 Apr)

Guys,

Car has been in the workshop for about 5 days now and went on the dyno today any Produced a Poor Result of 151 RwKw!!!

Mechanic Put consult on and was coming back with all perfect readings, did compression test, 150 over all 6 Cylinders, Pod Filters, Brand new Oil and Filter,98 Premium Unld,Brand new Iridium Spark plugs gapped at 0.8, 11 Psi Boost and came back with a Dyno Reading of 151 Rwkw!!!

At this stage the mechanic is stumped!

Mechanic tried this:

Thought it may of skipped a Tooth on timing? No Perfect!

turbo's Playing up? No Nothing wrong with them!

Air Flow Meters- Perfect!

Consult Came Back with 2 Minor faults that need to be looked up but dont effect Performane (Maybe!!!)

What he is doing tomorrow is gunna check the Stock Cat Converter....

If this aint the Problem then he is Stumped!!! (not really what ya wanna hear from a mechanic!!!)

Mods: Pretty Much Stock.

Twin Pods

Aftermarket Dumps

Aftermarket BOV's

Thats It!!!

UPDATE 21 MAR 08

Went and saw mechanic yesterday afternoon to see what was going on. They have successfully gained another 20kw buy adding an extra 5 Degrees on the Cams but this is not stock. They apparently spent 8 hours of solid time on it( FOR FREE TO!!!) on wednesday and were chopping and changing things and managed to come up with the extra 20 Kw buy the cams.

At this stage they wanna try a new ECU but they have none there that are stock. So now i have been asked if i wanna buy a Aftermarket ECU to Plug in and Play! But if i decide to go to a Power FC, there could be a chance that it still runs the same!!! So now gunna find a Power FC and Try to see if it works again!!

Any one know where i can get one CHEAP!!!????? Mechanic Quoted me somewhere between $1200 and $1400 for a FC!! Seen them on Ebay NEW for $950!!! Oh and they suggested i get a better intercooler cause the one i have now is damaged! Been like that since i bought it! Some minor Fin damage. Always thought it was stock but apparently it isnt i was informed yesterday!!( I can always remember a Nissan Part Number or something similar on the top or Bottom though after i resprayed it!!!) Maybe there Pulling my LEG to get me to spend money?????????

UPDATE 6 APR

Got car back from mechanic on Friday. All Problems fixed with POWER FC and making 200 Rear WKW's.

ANY BODY GOT ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR CAN HELP????

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mate that sounds about rite.. depends what mods u got but when i got mine dinoed and tuned i made 150 awkw on 9psi 170 on 11 psi and198 on 14 psi... thats with a tuned power fc, full survice just been done new timing belt oil cooler, cat back and pods...

i was a bit disapointed with my read out aswell but it still goes alright.

good luck

Could you list your mods please so we can determine what sort of power you should be getting.

Thanks

This is whats in it!

Everything is Pretty stock except for:

Pod Filters

Aftermarket Dump Pipes

And Turbosmart BOV's.

92 Model 79xxx on the Clock.

Mechanic Reckons it Should be at least around the 200Kw at the Rear Wheels! They actually Disconnect the Front Shafts instead of Taking out the Fuse! Reckons is can F#ck up sensors or some crap!!!

nope, he's wrong.

My mate with a R32GTR and brand new engine, stock turbos made 220rwkw on a powerfc full tune.

150rwkw sounds about right, maybe a little more but not that much. Aftermarket ecu makes a big difference.

Get one.

nope, he's wrong.

My mate with a R32GTR and brand new engine, stock turbos made 220rwkw on a powerfc full tune.

150rwkw sounds about right, maybe a little more but not that much. Aftermarket ecu makes a big difference.

Get one.

Thought Stock HP was about 270 HP which equals to around 200Kw???

I and few other people i know first hand, made between 205-220 with pods, and a cat back. Those two mods will naturally raise boost to about .7bar

Tuned a PFC later and made 4 more KW (safe tune, much more ign down low)

EDIT: This is very old, almost embarrassed about the AFR's.. I meant Safe with a capital SOFT :P It wasn't like this for long.

gallery_14713_1542_7995.jpg

Edited by GeeTR

his not wrong.. ur wrong

a stock gtr will pull about 170-180 @ all 4 wheels in stock trim... they dont make 206kw @ fly either.. that was just the manufacters claim to keep the government happy just like supras.

They make more like 220-230kw @ fly.

and 220rwkw is pretty weak for a "full" tune power fc.. most ppl make around that with just exhaust, filters and some boost @ all 4... with comp most ppl look @ around 230-240 @ all 4....

I made 287kw @ all 4's with just a pair some hi flows... they arent much bigger than stock and certainly smaller than N1 spec turbos..

I and few other people i know first hand, made between 205-220 with pods, and a cat back. Those two mods will naturally raise boost to about .7bar

Tuned a PFC later and made 4 more KW (safe tune, much more ign down low)

Hey mate!

Those Stats mate are they at the Rear Wheels??

They actually Disconnect the Front Shafts instead of Taking out the Fuse! Reckons is can F#ck up sensors or some crap!!!

Theres an amount of preload on the transfer case clutch packs. Removing the fuse means the plates are rubbing on a stationary friction plate.

In the grand scheme of things, the wear is negligible; everyone does it when tuning. Concerned people remove the drive shaft, but by no means is it required.

Make sure they're not just doing it, to rack up trade hours :P

his not wrong.. ur wrong

a stock gtr will pull about 170-180 @ all 4 wheels in stock trim... they dont make 206kw @ fly either.. that was just the manufacters claim to keep the government happy just like supras.

They make more like 220-230kw @ fly.

and 220rwkw is pretty weak for a "full" tune power fc.. most ppl make around that with just exhaust, filters and some boost @ all 4... with comp most ppl look @ around 230-240 @ all 4....

I made 287kw @ all 4's with just a pair some hi flows... they arent much bigger than stock and certainly smaller than N1 spec turbos..

Some Good info there! Thanks Mate!!!

Theres an amount of preload on the transfer case clutch packs. Removing the fuse means the plates are rubbing on a stationary friction plate.

In the grand scheme of things, the wear is negligible; everyone does it when tuning. Concerned people remove the drive shaft, but by no means is it required.

Make sure they're not just doing it, to rack up trade hours :P

Hey thanks for that Bro! Maybe they are trying to scrap a buck out of me!! Just Never Heard of them Disconnecting shafts B4!!