SAU Community

150 Rwkw On A R32 Gtr! (update 6 Apr)

could be a low reading dyno. how do other cars go on his dyno.

my old SR20 180 got 151 RWKW with just catback, filter and 15psi. And i had a 1J with same mods got 180RWKW. (EDIT:Both on Dyno dynamics in shootout mode on dyno days)

Well it seems to be one of the Better Workshops for performance cars and Dyno's in Townsville!! They have some pretty good cars in there at the moment!! It's been on there 3 Times now and all come up with 151 Kw's!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems to be one of the Better Workshops for performance cars and Dyno's in Townsville!!

Yeah maybe are you sure

Maybe not

its not their Dyno

Mines been on theirs and pulled 195rwkws

Stockish r34 with some boost

Well it seems to be one of the Better Workshops for performance cars and Dyno's in Townsville!!

Yeah maybe are you sure

Maybe not

its not their Dyno

Mines been on theirs and pulled 195rwkws

Stockish r34 with some boost

Well if yours is a stockish R34 GTT and getting that result then mine should be pulling a little more then 151 being a GTR!

And if you say theres a better workshop i'm listening cause they cant diagnose my problem!! Not many other places to go in townsville! There are some places that i have heard some good and bad about!! Not gunna name them!! But ya pretty much know the performance shops in the Ville!

PMR33 and myself can vouch for how good The guys where you took your car to are

they were that good that when they failed we had to solve the problem ourselves

Well i'm not gunna waste my money for another workshop to tell me and go through the same problems and spend the same ammount of time to tell me exactly what i all ready know! So i'm sticking to the place it is! I have all ready got 8 Hrs of work done for free cause they were chopping and changing stuff on the car to see what it could be so i'm pretty happy actually with them and they do know there stuff there!!

Well i'm not gunna waste my money for another workshop to tell me and go through the same problems and spend the same ammount of time to tell me exactly what i all ready know! So i'm sticking to the place it is! I have all ready got 8 Hrs of work done for free cause they were chopping and changing stuff on the car to see what it could be so i'm pretty happy actually with them and they do know there stuff there!!

Hey,

Well good luck with this workshop, having a tuned aftermarket ECU (MINES tuned for Japanese standards), 10psi boost, I made 154.4AWKW (pretty hot day but no excuses for the R33 GTR) with a 3inch cat back exhaust, compliance cat, compliance filter (airbox). I think the dump pipes were aftermarket.

However, I did high-flow cat, high flow panel filter, and got a PowerFC and tune and increased the boost to just over 14PSI, about 1bar, and I got 250RWKW.

So without engine management your not doing that bad, and be warned that dyno's do vary quite a bit, other people might get more but different dyno, different temperatures on the day....

I had the same problem when I first got my GTR, drove like an absolute pig. Went to Tilbrooks and came up with about 150rwkw's too. Ended up being a boost leak on the pipe leaving the intercooler. They simply tightened it up and it pulled 207kw's on a car which only has pods, 3 inch cat and exhaust, and running 15PSI with stock ECU and just for the record ran 12.4 in that state.

About 3 years later lost nearly all power once on the freeway, thought a turbine wheel had dropped into the exhaust - ended up being a collapsed cat as per a few previous posts. Put a new exhaust system on and got 218kw's! :D

Have you tried someone else ECU??

I had the same problem when I first got my GTR, drove like an absolute pig. Went to Tilbrooks and came up with about 150rwkw's too. Ended up being a boost leak on the pipe leaving the intercooler. They simply tightened it up and it pulled 207kw's on a car which only has pods, 3 inch cat and exhaust, and running 15PSI with stock ECU and just for the record ran 12.4 in that state.

About 3 years later lost nearly all power once on the freeway, thought a turbine wheel had dropped into the exhaust - ended up being a collapsed cat as per a few previous posts. Put a new exhaust system on and got 218kw's! :D

Have you tried someone else ECU??

Na havent tried running someone else's Ecu!! Not really a fan of buying a 2nd Hand ecu and taking someone elses problems! Thinking of upgrading though to a Power FC But trying to find a New one at a reasonable price is pretty hard!!

mate i had a similar probblem, when i got my car it only made 140kw, the timing was out, fixed the timing and replaced the stock cat and got 222kw

thats with 3.5" exhaust and the restrictor out

Thanks for the Help Mate!

Timing was fine but they added an extra 5 Degrees on it and go an extra 20 Kw but this cam setting aint stock so its just overiding another problem that there!!

They wanna try another ECU but all they have there is haltech, wolf or something like that and some other brands that they can get for overpriced!!! Quoted me Some where between 1200 and 1400 for the Basic Power FC for a 32 GTR when i have seen them on ebay for 950!!!

Thanks for the Help Mate!

Timing was fine but they added an extra 5 Degrees on it and go an extra 20 Kw but this cam setting aint stock so its just overiding another problem that there!!

They wanna try another ECU but all they have there is haltech, wolf or something like that and some other brands that they can get for overpriced!!! Quoted me Some where between 1200 and 1400 for the Basic Power FC for a 32 GTR when i have seen them on ebay for 950!!!

Since you have a GTR you can actually BUY a PowerFC, it get it in Aus expect to be charged a lot maybe $1500 if off the shelf with warranty.

From Japan, anywhere between $950 and $980 is normal off the forum traders, if its not in stock it can take time, maybe 2-4 weeks but I've heard of some taking much longer.

If you have time look at sites like Greenline or keep watching ebay >_<

79,000kms huh? maybe more like 279,000

rigggggghhhhhht.

my money's on a worn out motor, gearbox, diffs, wheel bearings etc etc sapping what power is left.

Lol!! I know what my Car has mate!!

Since you have a GTR you can actually BUY a PowerFC, it get it in Aus expect to be charged a lot maybe $1500 if off the shelf with warranty.

From Japan, anywhere between $950 and $980 is normal off the forum traders, if its not in stock it can take time, maybe 2-4 weeks but I've heard of some taking much longer.

If you have time look at sites like Greenline or keep watching ebay >_<

Thanks for the Advice Mate!