SAU Community

150 Rwkw On A R32 Gtr! (update 6 Apr)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke we are not having a go at you or anything like that man

I just seriously believe these ppl know jack shit about cars (PMR33 will back me up there ) and if you are not happy get a second opinion as to why the car is down on power

If you are happy then good they did a good job for you

Well what else could be the problem if it is down on power???

I have been told everything is Sweet in the car by the mechanic! He said its one of the better GTR's he has ever seen in the shop!

So if there is someone out there that can tell me what else it is thats causing crap power apart from everything that has been checked, cause i will be listening!!

And can some one please tell me the RWKW's on a R32 GTR STOCK Straight out of the Factory back in the 90's!!!

I think someone needs to tell me what the Factory Rear Wheel KW's of a 32 GTR if it was taken straight from the factory floor and put on a DYNO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claimed factory 206KW's

Actual figures 240KW's

This is at the fly-wheel I am assuming...correct me any one if I am wrong

Loss of power through the drive train etc.......brings you to around 160 kw at the rears...or 140 AWKW.

Wear and tear through age and carbon build up in your exhaust ie pipes,cat and rear muffler

combined with bad oils in your engine/diff/gear box can cause more than a 30% loss in power delivered to the ground.

The figures you stated earlier in this topic...the before figures confirm this.

The figures you got after PFC install and tune bought your power delivery back up to well over a stock motor(new).

Thinking again about your mods.....

I am suspecting your muffler may have a large build up of carbon.

Check your rear muffler.

If it is stock...get it re-conditioned.

Do not get a cannon.

Well it came with a Sheep Dog Exhaust when i Bought it but i did swap it with a Turbosmart Cannon about 2 Years ago. I liked the Look of a Cannon Rather then the oval style with the 3 Inch tip!!!

Still got it though!!!

This is a pic of the exact item!! (Not my pic though)

post-42922-1207481683_thumb.jpg

Loss thru 4wd drive train isn't anywhere near that high, i've seen a few ppl that have done back to back test 2wd vs 4wd on GTRs, lucky to be 10kW difference.

Besides this was already covered early on in the post.

Well it came with a Sheep Dog Exhaust when i Bought it but i did swap it with a Turbosmart Cannon about 2 Years ago. I liked the Look of a Cannon Rather then the oval style with the 3 Inch tip!!!

Still got it though!!!

This is a pic of the exact item!! (Not my pic though)

Keep that if it is original...

The mufflers are very hard to find..I should know...have been looking for a GTR33 one for ages.

Luke.......if you have a chance to give it a run in a 1/4 mile drag...pm me your times.....

Just don't fry your clutch to much though....this will be your next mod if you do.

Keep that if it is original...

The mufflers are very hard to find..I should know...have been looking for a GTR33 one for ages.

Luke.......if you have a chance to give it a run in a 1/4 mile drag...pm me your times.....

Just don't fry your clutch to much though....this will be your next mod if you do.

oh i don't think its a Factory Original!!! Just original on it when i bought it 6 years ago!!!

Might be a stupid question, but has your mechanic replaced the fuel filter as this can make the car feel very sliggish if its blocked. If it hasn't been replaced, do it anyways.

Mike.

Pretty sure standard R32 RB26's make about 160-170rwkw as standard RB25's make about 130-140rwkw, obviously depending on dyno and in what condition the motor is in. All i know is from knowing quite a few ppl with similar mods on RB26's up here they make about 220-230rwkw with a Power FC, bit more boost and taking out major restrictions such as the exhaust. Now maybe that extra 20rwkw doesn't sound like much but thats around 35-40HP at the engine, hell thats a low of power to just "lose". But maybe its just something like your exhaust isnt that free flowing or your intercooler is a bit filled with oil build up or your engine is just getting a bit old and worn etc.

But hell, if it drives fine and feals fine and you don't really care about getting power out of the car and want just a nice driver, then who really cares, just leave it.