SAU Community

Cold Air Induction

Guest RedLineGTR

friend has one but has a air feed to it so the rain dont get it and all the shit from the tyres dosent get on it as well as water.

Hmmm...

To be honest, I'm not sure that is such a great location. OK, in terms of cold air reaching the pod, that location is going to be quite effective, but the downside is the pod is exposed to all kinds of sh!t, rain, mud, dust, stones etc - I wonder how much performance you will lose on a rainy day after you've driven thru a puddle and the filter is soaked?

Perhaps put some gauze or something around the pod to try and limit the amount of contamination?

yeah i'm with you, it needs some kind of better protection from rain and stuff, but that is just a matter of experimentation. my main concern is cutting through structural metal and then your car being called unroadworthy.

apart from the unroadworthy bit, the filter location is not that bad, with a bit of mech in the front bar it would be even better. Under the filter there is a plastic guard to stop muck from the road and tyre hitting it, and when it rains, water goes everywhere neway, i used to think the same way as u guys but seriously, but if u do and are sensible about it, u wont clean the filter that often and water will almost never be a problem.

Mine doest get wet, and its roadworthy if u get it cut properly, those holes are there if it is a turbocharged car, it doesnt take any structural rigidity away, also you can always chuck the airbox on it if u go for a RWC ;) at night the thing sounds so good and it makes my car perform abit better then day, after having the K&N panel filter the pod makes a bit of difference!