SAU Community

Best Exhaust For A V35 Coupe

Ok this is subjective but I want something that truly sounds awesome and demonstrates the real value of the v6 nissan motor.

Prolly dual

Prolly 3"

Prolly US import

The bset i have seen so far is either HKX or 3" dual maxflow.

Ok what do others recommend.

Ps: I do not want to change the front manifold and I want to use std mounts and rear defuser (stealth).

G

I've got a Borla (twin) from the US, CAT back, and it sounds absolutely fantastic! Only 2-1/4" though. Has made a huge difference, although I have changed my intake too.

I've got a Borla (twin) from the US, CAT back, and it sounds absolutely fantastic! Only 2-1/4" though. Has made a huge difference, although I have changed my intake too.

I also have a Borla fitted to my Manual V35 and it is a sweet sound, you wont get anything better for fitting or value for money out of the box, Jash at C-Red usually has them in stock even extractors.

Dual 3" is too big for a VQ35DE, unless you're building a race car.

Even a true dual 2.5" isn't ideal unless you're running FI. The peak power gain over a 2.5" that goes to single is barely noticable, but what is noticable is the drop in midrange.

The best exhaust I've experienced for a Z33/V35 is the Fujitsubo. Its quiet down low but gives a good note up top, the rear tank and tips look almost stock (which I believe allows you to retain the stock rear diffuser) and its great quality.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why you don't want to change the "front manifold" (and are you referring to the headers/extractors or the intake plenum?)?

Thanks about the Zorst.

Now about the inlet side.... what should I change and why?

I read about plenum spacers and 350z inlets etc but not sure what the real benefits would be.

On the exhaust side all I want is better sound...may be simply replacing the rear muffler would help.

I do not want to lose any low or mid range efficiency.

Is there a decent rear muffler replacement?

G