SAU Community

R33 GTST25T revs at 100km/hr

Hi all,

I realise that this car comes stock with 2 different dif ratios but am wondering if someone with a relatively standard 5 speed manual R33GTST25T can tell me what their tacho sits on at 100kph?

BTW. Found the commodore discussion interesting I own a VL 6 cylinder and can't wait to get behind the wheel of the R33 I'm daydreaming about in 2 months.

After 10 years of driving ill have my first real sports car instead of a family car (Commodore/Falcon) that hates corners - YAY!

Sif any Com/Falc looks better than a nice R32,33,34!

I have allowed a couple of close friends, who are die hard ford/holden people, to drive my car.

They come back converted :)

My car sits on about 2.6/2.7K rpm at 100km/h

I did conversion on mine. Manual gearbox with auto diff 4.3 ratio, so at 100kph, mine sits at around 2700rpm. An original manual with 4.1 diff should be revving at around 2500+rpm (4% less rev required)

Originally posted by rs73

I did conversion on mine. Manual gearbox with auto diff 4.3 ratio, so at 100kph, mine sits at around 2700rpm. An original manual with 4.1 diff should be revving at around 2500+rpm (4% less rev required)

4.39:1 dif ratio dude :rofl:

Notice how good they are when launching ? I converted mine too.. much better.. also we have a better computer which gives us more performance too :)

Also is your speedo out? mine is by about 10ks an hour after 100ks.. Ive got a rev/speed meter (APEXI type 1) which i have tuned to be the right speed.

Don't forget that even though it will rev a little higher at 100kph than a Commodore or Falcon, you've got an extra 1500rpm to redline :rofl: (2500 for GTR)