SAU Community

Service/maintenance Questions

omega36

Hey guys...

My car is due for a 5,000km service, I have the part numbers for the basic things I may require for your minor services, but I have one problem... I'm not sure who to take it to! I sort of rely on this car to get to work and at the moment I'm quite busy and need it to get around - this being said, does anyone know of someone I can take her to to get her service done as quickly as possible, even whilst I am there for a few hours if need be? An option is to drop it off in or around the Clayton/Mulgrave area where I work and can get a ride back to work with someone else and fetch it a few hours later, so this seems like a good idea... that or Saturday or evenings?

If someone has a contact, or would like to suggest someone or somewhere I would really really appreciate it.

And for tyres.. I have 17" 255's at the back, getting kinda flat - what suggestions might you have for decent tyres? I don't mind investing on the things that keep me stuck to the road :pwned:

Thank you!!

You checked the workshop thread right?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Lo...ops-t13305.html

There's a few around that really know skylines, not sure how quick they are though....

Oh, and look up the tyre thread in the handling section of the forum or search about tyres.

last time i chaged the oil in mine, it took 2 hours!!!! cause the oil filter just wouldnt come off... + i cant get my arms down there GGGRRRRRR!!!

then i invested in a oil cooler with oil filter relocation kit

last time i chaged the oil in mine, it took 2 hours!!!! cause the oil filter just wouldnt come off... + i cant get my arms down there GGGRRRRRR!!!

then i invested in a oil cooler with oil filter relocation kit

I got a really good tool, takes no effort to get the filter off. $6 from super cheap.

Ease off the protein shakes big boy, then maybe your arms would fit down there LOL :D

I can see where nis0 is coming from though.

Another good reason to get it serviced somewhere is that you will have stamps/entries on your service books or at least receipts with not only everything done but more importantly the kms. When you sell the car in the future I can tell you this makes buyers feel a lot more secure seeing the gradual rise in kms on your 5k servicebooks over the years. Not knowing whether the low km car in front of you just had the dash swapped last year is a turn-off. You will definitely make more money this way than skimping on the $60 or w/e for each service.

For example I would be willing to pay at least a $2000 premium for a car with regular servicing and the documentation to prove it. That pays for probably 10 years worth of servicing every 5000kms, (I only drive 10,000k/year) not to mention how much money you will save in time (time=money for all of us), buying engine oil, and the remote possibility of missing something mechanically wrong that could endanger your engine and be a lot more costly in the end.

Cheers.