SAU Community

Crank Strength And Upgrading Options.

LedZepLen

what would you charge for the rb30 stroker crank and rods?

you mentioned making forgies with it, but me and i notced a few others have gone the N/A path so just wondering if you were making non forged pistons to suit?

are you going to make these reguarly or made to order or just the 1 off batch?

any reason to why your not making this kit with a non forged piston? (not everyone wants to go the forced induction path)

can the kit be bought without the pistons?

whats the height difference between the normal rb30 piston and the piston for the 3.3?

i've been told there are pistons that have a shorter skirt that will suit the rb30de im building, cant remember the part number but what are the chances of them suiting?

do you balance the cranks?

will the 3.3 crank have knife edging or standard counter weights?

Shaun O - around the $6500 - 7000 mark with the AUS dollar at its current rate. It should see 7500 - 8000 plus rpm depending on setup.

Gerg R31 - The reason is that you are the only person who has mentioned it, so Im presuming demand is minimal especially due to the price involved. The other reason is that no one readily and easily makes cast pistons in short runs or one offs. I could easily make you a forged piston for an NA set up though. You would just have to spec the comp ratio you require. The length of the skirt has nothing to do with the comp ratio.

Edited by Spoolup

i just thought you may have designed pistons that were shorter to suit the stroker kit, if the over all height of the pistons dont change i might still be able to get the ones i had in mind, though i know forgies handle heat better

im aiming at around 10.5:1 to 11:1 comp ratio so if you made me a piston the rb25de piston dome with valve releif would be fine with me

plus i work at a machine shop so decking and other machine work and balancing etc is easily done

are you making the kit pistons dome with valve releif? flat top? or dish?

(i know alot of questions but more info may also bring more interest)

Edited by Gerg_R31

im sure that would be ok due to the lower rev range of the 30.

Well the rb26 in thier Z drag car is seeing 10,000 rpm with the tomei pump so i would think rob has something sorted...

Spool, so you 3.4L kits will rev to 7500-8000rpm?

We will have to wait and see - but similar setups with the 3.4L 2JZ ( near identical bore stroke ratio ) have gone 8000 plus easily enough

Well the rb26 in thier Z drag car is seeing 10,000 rpm with the tomei pump so i would think rob has something sorted...

Spool, so you 3.4L kits will rev to 7500-8000rpm?

I have never had a RB26 in the 240z, its always been a RB30, stock block, stock crank, RIPS wet sump etc and anyone who says a stock 30 crank won't rev hard or is limited to 7500 etc is talking rubbish

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=nHLfRseF_F4

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qtA0_kQUc

9500-10,000 rpm during burnout

Rob

Edited by R.I.P.S NZ

I have never had a RB26 in the 240z, its always been a RB30, stock block, stock crank, RIPS wet sump etc and anyone who says a stock 30 crank won't rev hard or is limited to 7500 etc is talking rubbish

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=nHLfRseF_F4

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qtA0_kQUc

9500-10,000 rpm during burnout

Rob

Bah you know i mean't. :P

Lol, clam down, its all good :) I was just correcting your 26 comment, nothing else in my post was directed at you.

I'm calm, its you rb30/26 thats the angry one. More nos, bigger injectors, more boost, less tit grabbing at the nats, and do some 7's :P

I'm calm, its you rb30/26 thats the angry one. More nos, bigger injectors, more boost, less tit grabbing at the nats, and do some 7's :happy:

Yes sir!! lol, I'll get all the non car stuff out of the way the night before, lol.

Next meet is this Saturday then another the following Sunday so I'll give it my best shot.

Rob

• 1 month later...