SAU Community

Crank Strength And Upgrading Options.

LedZepLen

How strong is the stock crank shaft?

Will it handel 500-800hp every day?

Are their any upgrade options that dont require a 5 year loan to afford?

and while i'm at it, would my rb20det computer chipped for 550cc injectors and z32 MAF be a good base map for a rb26/30 (with an E-Manage Ultimate on the side) or would i be better off machining my stock heads and putting large valves in it?

Edited by LedZepLen

well mines running 700bhp/660lbs @ 5800rpm and 8000rpm redline no problem done 1000 miles in it now and ran it on track at 2 bar all day, with a 26 head and gt35r 1.06 rear..

lol - It will be 3.3 to 3.4 Litre - just to set the record straight

My std crank is going strong at 560 rwhp - so approx 700bhp.

Any (rough) time frame as to when we can buy 1 ?

it will def need custom rods ( which I will supply also ) and possibly custom pistons, might get away with RB30ET pistons - depending on final displacement / swept volume.

what will need to be changed to run this setup ? just the crank ? or the pistons and rods too?

Awsome timing, i wanna start that project next winter. I hope to have the largest displacement rb in North America. I'm the only person in my city to have a modified Skyline so far but i hope it catches on as i'd like to start importing in a few years. Since it's an unkown car here it needs to live up to the legends arround the model name (apparently i can CHIP 1000hp, hahaha).

well mines running 700bhp/660lbs @ 5800rpm and 8000rpm redline no problem done 1000 miles in it now and ran it on track at 2 bar all day, with a 26 head and gt35r 1.06 rear..

what kind of oil pump upgrades did you do if you don't mind me asking?