SAU Community

A Message Of Thanks To The Stag!

MyStag260

Hey all,

Just wanted to make a note that i just came back from a week away up the coast, packed the stag full of sh1t and smashed the prini highway, no overtaking lane wasted! we travelled through smoke (bushfires), torential rain, heat, twisty roads, straight roads and a stint on corrigated dirt road and the stag just ate it all up! what a car!! anyone whos thinking about buying one just buy one anyone whos thinking about selling DONT DO IT! :laugh:  RB26 power helps the enjoyment as does the manual, but a 10 hour drive was as comfy as ever...

anyway rant over

GO THE STAG!!  aiight bed time for me i think

i second that, in january i went from canberra, along the great ocean road (including some dirt and logging tracks through forests!), all the way through to adelaide then home to canberra, car packed to the roof and she didnt miss a beat. loved every minute of driving

D.

How much fuel did you use? ;):)

it wasn't that bad.......... got anywhere from 410 to 580 k's off a tank of 98 depending on my mood and where the fuel came from. the car's completely stock too...

D.

Well what's got me wondering is what the hell do you go to after you do sell your Stag.... It has crossed my mind a few times, (mainly in the close vicinity of fuel pumps).... but seriously, is there a car that can deliver as much value for money, and fun for the florin.... I doubt it..... now where did I see that GTR for $15,000!! (ha ha.... you call that a boot!!)

yeah the company fuel card was on fire!!! I was hopeing to get like 500kms out of a tank being open roads sittin in 5th gear etc etc, nope... caravans the size of a city block being towed by a micras, and the genius' following them... baaahhhh!!!! quick 10 car overtakes between bends hahaha i think i got better mileage driving to work everyday!

you know, i was sooooo wanting to sell my stag last year, and im glad the sale fell through

I got to drive it today, after i did some SAFC2 tuning, and boost leak finding, and my GOD i love this thing

Well what's got me wondering is what the hell do you go to after you do sell your Stag.... It has crossed my mind a few times, (mainly in the close vicinity of fuel pumps).... but seriously, is there a car that can deliver as much value for money, and fun for the florin.... I doubt it..... now where did I see that GTR for $15,000!! (ha ha.... you call that a boot!!)

Having just sold my stagea (sad day) I can answer that question...but I do not believe there is any other car that can fully replace the stag on all fronts. It will be a compromise in a number of areas in order to improve on just a few areas. For me it was a case of going for a smaller and more economical car which is a big compromise on performance, space, and in some ways, comfort, but what I lose in these I gain in cost savings in a number of areas, and hopefully this will benefit other areas in life that have been lacking (ie. more money for short holidays etc).

I now own a 98 pulsar sss which is a great little car for what it is, but not really anywhere near as good a car as the stagea. The plan is to save money and pay off the loan and it will be a good second car later on ;)

Go the stag!! I drove ours interstate between Brisbane and Adelaide twice and its an awesome car to tour across Australia in. :)

Having just sold my stagea (sad day) I can answer that question...but I do not believe there is any other car that can fully replace the stag on all fronts. It will be a compromise in a number of areas in order to improve on just a few areas. For me it was a case of going for a smaller and more economical car which is a big compromise on performance, space, and in some ways, comfort, but what I lose in these I gain in cost savings in a number of areas, and hopefully this will benefit other areas in life that have been lacking (ie. more money for short holidays etc).

I now own a 98 pulsar sss which is a great little car for what it is, but not really anywhere near as good a car as the stagea. The plan is to save money and pay off the loan and it will be a good second car later on :)

I went the other way. I bought the Stag and sold my Liana. I've knocked off all my debts and can easily afford the fuel cost ... so why not a 6 cyl turbo? :) Flew to Sydney to collect it and drove it home, stopping overnight in Wagga Wagga and Mildura. Excellent car to drive, and overtakes with ease (and safely!).

;)

I now own a 98 pulsar sss which is a great little car for what it is, but not really anywhere near as good a car as t...

GTFO :(

what is it with stagea's and pulsars?

Good to see I'm not the only Pulsar Fury Pilot hanging around here :(

Haha! Our 2nd car (runabout) is a 92 Pulsar Ti (SSS engine) :(

GTFO :D

what is it with stagea's and pulsars?

Good to see I'm not the only Pulsar Fury Pilot hanging around here :(

well La...Di...Dah, Mr Multiple Stageas man! :P

I have a Toyota Chaser and a Mitsu Legnum (soon) whenever the Stagea is being worked on (more and more often now, as I go overboard). But I have had both a N13 SSS and a N15 SSS previously

i stepped up from an R31 skyline to my stag... so i love every second in the thing! but i'd still rather have an R31 than a pulsar. or anything front wheel drive for that matter.....

D.

I did the old 'buy a skyline 'cos they're cool' then realised i needed a boot, so i looked around for a vehicle with the performance of a skyline, yet the space of a wagon. I had one of the first Stageas off the boat I think. I'm selling it now, but not in any hurry so i'm still treating it like I'm keeping it forever