SAU Community

Dump Pipe & High Flow Cat

MistR33td

hey guys, does anyone know wot the power gain is in gettin a dump/front pipe and a high flow cat in a r33?? Atm i get 170rwkw i dont have a front mount yet, and is it safe to get a dump pipe even if i dont have a front mount??

cheers michael

thats just a tad conservative. i'd say 15-20rwkw. again, depends on car, state of tune, many things. but its a good idea to do. FMIC can wait

EDIT: how are you making that 170kw? as in what mods?

hey that will be a awesome mod....i made 180 rwkw on 7psi and all i had was split dump, highflow car and 3.5" trust cat back.....sounds nice and yes its worth it and its safe even without a front mount....but once you get a front mount you car will run a lot cooler and better

Installed dump pipe (3" bellmouth, just jap SS $220), basic hi-flow 3"cat, SITC and R34 GTT 'cooler

had a 20awkw gain from 140awkw to 160awkw

already had fuel pump, adj.fpr, safcII, 12psi, that netted me 20awkw at the previous tune from 120 to 140awkw

IMO the r34 coolers arnt worth an upgrade over the r33, better off getting a proper front mount (you dont need to go massive).

the r34 cooler stayed on for less than half a year. using a return feed apexi fmic from a 180sx now along with a hiflow turbo, z32afm for 180awkw 14psi

dump pipe and good hi-flow cat will net 20rwkw

get it tuned right tho with each mod as you go along on the mod journey...

who did your high flow Brendan Bill?? mine is making 214rwkw @ about 9psi wonder if he's changed internals since your bought yours

thats standard ecu also with a FCD

Finallyyyyy got my dump/front pipe and high flow cat done today, along with just the usuals, car sounds a fair bit meaner and the whistling is Alottt louder and comes in earlier than before :) , even tho i have a stock BOV and just an apexi pod i have been pulled over twice and tried to b defected and i keep telling em its all stock.......shits mee! And just my luck the dyno had a problem today so they were unable to tune it and stuff, goto love the timing :) . keep u guys posted on the total rwkw gain, really hard to tell just by driving it.

if you have same mods as me then you should be looking at a good 175-180rwkw.....and yes its a whole lot better now that you have aftermarket dump and cat as it will be more free flowing