SAU Community

Rb30/26 Wiring Issues Into S15

den001

hi, im at the stage at getting the wiring into my s15 wiv 26/30....

now i was planning to use a d jetro, but am unsure if i can use it wiv all the soleniods i have taken off the manifold and other bits and pieces...

im fully unaware if you can run a d jetro without say like the idle control gear under the manifold and other stuff like that....

if i take off the idle control gear will this affect me using teh d jetro or should i go with a full sm4 which can control all this without thoes valves and solenoids??? does the sm4 need this stuff aswell????

im fully confused.. sofar i have a complete 32 gtr harness and thats about all...

any light shed on the topic is appreciated...

id rather use a d jetro as its more straight forward but dunno if you can do what im asking...

cheers

denis

so they will be going back on once coated ... sooo i'm confused.

are you asking if you can use the d jetro with them all inplace or with them removed for good?

ok, but now, say if you had a massive after market plenum, im sure as you wouldnt run these steppers/motors/valves would you...

what hapends in these circumstances...???

ok, but now, say if you had a massive after market plenum, im sure as you wouldnt run these steppers/motors/valves would you...

Greddy - plazmaman - CPC plenums all run them

i think you'll find that you wont have any control over the revs for aircon and cold start - but it should still idle

Even my mechanic's custom made plenum still runs them.

Why the hell would you degrade you engine to prehistoric tuning and rough idle, etc :P

my plenum does not have cold start or a bunch off the other standard stuff and i havent had any dramas at all

start beautifully hunts a little cause of a dodgy spring in my bov

• 1 month later...

on my SR i never had any of my idle control motors or anything running... all it means is that when the engine is cold, it doesn't idle higher... no big deal.

the computer still runs the cold start through running more fuel into the motor..

once the idle motor is gone the way you adjust the idle is through a little screw in the throttle body, basically it'll adjust the throttle body flap open a tiny little bit, its pretty basic but it works.

realistically you'd be better off trying to keep the idle control motor as it makes everythign easier in the long run, but if you don't have the room to run it or you are making your own inlet manifold, then there is not a real need to keep it.

i guess that means that the entire automotive business and design got it completely wrong then..

why would u ever use the idle stepper motors when not having them is just the same..

i guess ferrari, lambo, aston martin, porsche, nissan, holden, ford and every single car manufactor got it wrong aye??

i think not. use the stepper motor. the ecu controls its idle via the stepper motor

the ecu can also set the idle higher on cold start and then drop it accordingly using the water temp sensor when the car warms up...

aniways ive gone a hpyertune setup and deleted the idle control gear...