SAU Community

Tyres what are you running in 255's ?

I have 255 45 17 rears and they are nankangs not overly happy with them so want to try something new they are only $220 each.

Tempe tyres are selling 265 40 17's falkens for $200 never heard of the model number of the ones they are selling though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of cheap Firestone 255/17s on the back of my car. I hate them. They dont grip for shit, especially for 255s. But then again you get what you pay for. Quality 255s cost alot more than 200 bucks unforunately.

Im thinking of downsizing to a quality 235 tire if its possible to such as the Bridgestone Potenza GIII. A good 235 tyre like this will easily outperform a dodgy 255 for sure.

As Roy13 & Phantom said, Bridgestone tyres kick ass, I had S-02's on my R33 (255/40/17) and they were awesome, but yes they are bloody expensive ($450+ each) and last f*ck all.

I've got Yokohama GP DNA's on my R32 now and they've lasted ages and I reckon they're pretty close to the Bridgy's.

Go for the G3, good grip and longer life then the s-03.

IMO don't buy the falken fk451s(GRB), they are only a bit cheaper than G3 but preform not as good, a lot noisey and the ride quiality is bad.

I bought some new wheels (255 x 40 x 17) and they came with Bridgestone "Grid II's"...

Anyone know if they are sold here in Australia? (interested to see how much they go for)

Also does anyone know how the new range of BF Goodrich are??

Anyone got them?

Regards

Rob

I have Toyo Tranpaths on the back of mine. They were very grippy when I got the car, but now they're almost down to the tread markers they're not quite so good (lost traction on dyno at >200kw for one). They are still pretty good in the wet though.

I wanted to get Toyo Proxes to replace but like all good tyres in this size they are >$450 a pop. If I don't have a spare $900 to burn when the tyres are at an end I might have to pick something cheaper.

Originally posted by Maxx

Go for the G3, good grip and longer life then the s-03.  

IMO don't buy the falken fk451s(GRB), they are only a bit cheaper than G3 but preform not as good, a lot noisey and the ride quiality is bad.

I was just looking at the Bridgestone Australia site and I looked up the G3 and SO3 specs. I couldn't find any listing for a 255 wide tyre in the G3 section, but did find one for the SO3. Do you know where to get a 255 G3 from in Australia?

I got Kumho Supra 712s in 255/40/17. When the car got off the boat, it had completely BALD yokohamas (dun wanna think what they had been doing with my car before it got here). I didnt go the Kumho 711s cos their tread pattern looked shittier than the 712s

They are pretty good price and are not too bad at the moment (only driven a couple of thousand on em so far). What does everyone think of this tyre?

Originally posted by JimX

I was just looking at the Bridgestone Australia site and I looked up the G3 and SO3 specs. I couldn't find any listing for a 255 wide tyre in the G3 section, but did find one for the SO3. Do you know where to get a 255 G3 from in Australia?

:D the last time i ring up bridgestone tyre centre, they told me the widest G3 available is 235, if u want to go wider, S-03 is the only way, never had S-03 b4, but i heard from friends they are REALLY good tyre.

Can you get decent tyres in 255/40/17 size for around or under $300? All of the big brands seem to be $450 each. There must be something almost as good for less.