SAU Community

New Morwell Track

phunky_monkey

I dont know the acutal finish date, I tried to get it out of CAMS, but they are tight lipped.

Ive been told to call back later this week and they might be able to shed some light.

The event we are doing with the WRX Club on 11 October will be at this track, pending that its finished.

The old track just had its last event a few weekends ago. Love that old track for about a year i spent every sunday there. Was very upset i couldnt make it for the last event as i have not been on there for a while and most likely wont make it back with a car untill after they dig it up.

Can someone post coordinates for it for Google Maps. Failing that, street address of where the circuit is. I can only find a PO Box. That won't help me much! haha

Cheers.

Not sure of actual 'address', but heres some infor that might help you figure it out.

Gippsland Car Club Hillclimb, April 6, 2008.

Gippsland Car Club will conduct the LAST ever hillclimb at Gippsland Park, Latrobe Road, Morwell on Sunday, April 6, 2008. The event, which is for Club members of the Gippsland Car Club, will cater for all classes of cars. Admission is free, and canteen services are available. All past and present members, of the Gippsland Car Club, as well as members of the general public, are invited to attend this historic occasion, ending over forty years of hillclimbing at this site.

The Gippsland Car Club is in the process of constructing a new motor sport circuit in the Haunted Hills area of Yallourn. It is anticipated that the new circuit will commence operations in early July, 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...