SAU Community

Has Anyone Made An Insurance Claim On A Stagea?

bluesky4me

Hi..I have full comprehensive with "shannons"..I am paying just $68 a month cos I told them I only drive the car a couple of times a week (which is the case)..still ends up at about $1100 per year.

The reason I want to know if anyone has made any claims.(where the stagea needed repairs) is this..I figure most pannel shops would have a hard time finding parts and so the cost and time involved would be considerable..(not aproblem if I am not paying for it true)...but.....I was thinking....I could most likely source the parts cheaper and quicker ...I also know a very good pannel shop that are very good and resonabley priced...I am starting to think I may be better off with just 3rd party insurance when all these factors are taken into consideration..your thoughts please.

Remember, even IF you can source the parts cheaper and quicker than Shannons, they would, in most cases end up costing waaaay more than your excess: I am going through this with my Chaser at the moment: I can source a rear windscreen, and have it installed in about 4 weeks, which is half the time my insurer will take, but it will cost me in excess of $1500. I've opted to buy a cheap runaround, and pay a $400 excess letting the 2 months roll by, at which time I should be able to sell the runabout for pretty much what it cost me, and I'm $1000 better off.

Remember with imports, parts can get expensive, especially hard to find ones, and ESPECIALLY when the wreckers cotton on that you are desperate for them.... or so it seems to me...

Just my 2 cents, but I always comprehensively insure my cars...

3rd party property is enough. Usually the $1000 per year I save will be enough to fix any damage I might have on my R33 and the $200 3rd party property insurance via justcars covers any damage I might do to someone elses car or property. I drift my car so most likely will end up damaging at the track anyway. Import panels are cheap and you can get a fount cut with all panels/light but no engine / box for almost any import for less the $1000. Just the inconvience of organising it yourself

He was talking about a Stagea. They're not as common as R33s

Hi..I have full comprehensive with "shannons"..I am paying just $68 a month cos I told them I only drive the car a couple of times a week (which is the case)..still ends up at about $1100 per year.

$68 per month is $816 per year :P

take it from someone who has smashed an uninsured stagea.

DON'T DO IT!

Be happy that its insured and if the worst should happen it will be someone elses problem.

yes stinky rooster i agree

DON"T CRASH IT!

my car was moderatly to heavly damaged and on an import cost just goes up. i fixed mine using secondhand quality parts with very minimal dents and scatches and my repair bill went over 16 thousand and still fixing odds and ends. i did alot of the work myself.

if it had been fully inshured it whould have been writtn off. the same accedent in a commodre whould be 18 fully finished buy the smash reparier. make shure that shanons will inshure every thing rims stero bodykit fmic etc etc.

ok I'm in the process of getting my car repaired. Thanks to a lady hitting a motorbike, then the motorbike bouncing on and off the left hand side...

I'm with Shannons. Pay $89 a month full comprehensive with mods/rims/stereo

Choice of repairer

Still waiting on the rear quarter window to arrive from Japan.

So with your choice of repairer, why not say to them that you'll source the goods at $xxxx amount, they can put this on the quote etc etc...

I only got one quote, Shannons approved it straight away.. so now its a waiting game on this window.

:P I wouldn't want to be with any other insurer.

Edited by StageaGirl

shannons are great. since you have choice of repairer, you can work with them to source parts. It won't cost you any less but at least you can get it all fixed sooner than if you just let the repairer try and sort it out on their own

Mate i'm with Shannons as well.

I had some nob reverse into the passenger side rear door of my 260. Was a real pain cause once the door was opened it was real hard to shut again.

Panel shop said the door could have been repaired but sourced one from an import wrecker.

That all happened pretty quickly but lack of communication between the panal shop and Shannons caused things to drag on a bit.

Having comprehensive insurance and getting nob man's address meant i paid nothing and didn't loose my no-claim bonus.

Wasn't a fun experience, but could have been worse.