SAU Community

Another R34 Head Unit Installation Question!

2KR34

Hi guys,

I want to replace a cheap aftermarket head unit and have tried following Chris's sticky instructions but I need some more help please.

I have done some searches and read everything but a lot of the links don't work and I'm still none the wiser.

My car is an auto so I cant pull the shifter boot up to expose the screws and the auto shift indicator doesn't want to prise out without significant force and I don't want to break anything.

next am I prising the whole AC vent panel (the piece that has both AC vents and the hazard button) out or just the two individual vents as the individual vents don't look they would expose anything except the inside of the ducting.

All help appreciated as my new head unit is just sitting next to my puter waiting to be brought to life.

Mark.

pop the ENTIRE AC vent panel out - two screws.

remove ashtray - 1 screw.

pop shift panel out unplug mode switch

two screws

pull entire assy out and unplug radio,antenna and AC controls.

email me for antenna adapter and harness plugs :down:

without those you are wasting your time..

pop the ENTIRE AC vent panel out - two screws.

remove ashtray - 1 screw.

pop shift panel out unplug mode switch

two screws

pull entire assy out and unplug radio,antenna and AC controls.

email me for antenna adapter and harness plugs :cheers:

without those you are wasting your time..

Thanks again Chris,

Using your original instructions together with your most recent reply I was able to do the job today.

As there was an aftermarket unit already fitted it had the antenna adapter but had the original plugs butchered but i soldered/heat shrank all of the new wires and everything works hunky dory. I also added some Sub leads and unit amp switching wire while at it to save pulling the whole thing apart down the track when/if I fit a Sub.

I took some pics and was going to add it as a response to your sticky if you don't mind as I know that thick blokes like myself find pics easier to understand.

If you were closer to my place and weren't so busy I would have just brought it to you.

Thanks again, Mark.