SAU Community

prestige motorsport, are they good?

I would suggest those people wanting to hear of any bad stories lurking around only listen to the comments of those with first hand experience. Ie not "my mates mates cousin" etc.

I havent bought from Geoff although hes helped me a fair bit in the past.

as i thought..phew..

ummmm i went to the dealer in parramatta road and went to Cosmopolitan Cars and the guy told me that a Series 2 would be at least $25 000 and when i look at the sold cars in the Prestige motorsports website, there are a few series 2 skylines sold for around $21 000 for at least half the kms of the ones i saw at cosmo cars..............Thats why at the moment im learning towards importing a car through prestige motorsports rather than purchasing one from a dealer...

oh btw guys go check out the blue GTR V-spec skyline in the sold section of www.prestigemotorsports.com website.......

the rimZ are so hottttttttttttttttt!!!

Hi guys,

Alot of info has been contributed regarding the new RAW system, as I have recently undergone a vehicle inspection, and will be up and running soon I thought a few facts regarding modified vehicle imports under RAW would be in order.....

The main area of confusion seems to be modified imports, the rules are pretty clear on this one "forget it" I doubt any importers will risk loosing there approvals after spending mega$$ by retaining modified parts on vehicles.

removing parts for latter sale or refittment also is a big NO NO! as ALL parts not standard on vehicles, and these could include-

* Body kits

*A/M rims

*B/O valves

*A/M exhausts

*engine upgrades

*Suspention upgrades

Basically ANY non-standard factory fitted articles must be removed and DESTROYED and documents retained to prove it.

AHH ,,,,I here you say how will any one know what came fitted to the vehicle ex Japan, believe me they will know! as Customs will be with-holding random vehicles for inspections and photographing components, before being released to the RAWS.

If any RAWs are found to be ,even bending the rules they will be out of the game!!! sounds harsh but thats the rulesand ALL RAWS

are well aware of it.

15 YEAR OLD IMPORTS******

Any vehicles imported next year under this rule are also in for a nasty shock. Not only because of the additional costs of compliance, as W.A now will be insisting on ANY vehicles 15Y/O or older to now meet very strict criteria prior to licencing, this will bring W.A in line with most of the other states requiring vehicles to meet tight ADR,s such as

* Intrusion bars if not fitted

* new seat belt regs

*Cat converters

*New windscreens on some models

*Full engineers "sign _off"@ $550.00 TBC

* possibly emmissions tests TBC

But wait there is more bad news, the 15Y/O rule will be strictly enforced , so forget about sending a 12Month 89 vehicles down in Jan!!!!! you will have to send it back or destroy it.

I can smell a "class action" here for some importers with lots of pre-sold vehicles in Japan promissing them to clients in Jan!!!!

Anyway its not all bad, as vehicles avaliable under the RAW system should ALL be of the highest quality and importers will be totally accountable. So start collecting your go-fast gear now ready to fit it to your stock Skylines under RAW....

Cheers

Whoa thats gonna hurt some people if that 15 year rule bit comes in. Sucks that they dont even allow body kits and you have to DESTROY the parts after removal. Never imported before but as I understand it you used to be able to pick up some nicely modded bargins for only a couple more grand than a stock model.

regan.. so you basically are saying it can only be imported the exact month that it was produced? So a 10/89 vehicle can only be brought in after October 2004??

Interesting. Yup, i can imagine it would piss of a lot of people who have 89 cars sitting there - might be a few long months ahead.

makes those with nicely modified cars here nice and attractive for sale doesn't it :)

Hi Predator,

Your correct!!!

this may not pose a huge drama for Euro imports as the year/ month is simple to confirm, but the "J" imports are difficult due to the" Date of Manufacture" and" Date first Sold(registered) laws in japan . As the responsibility will fall on the importer to prove year/month manufacture. If the importer cant provide suficient info on D.O.M the vehicles Import Approval will be issued to read

"UNKNOWN MONTH OF MANUFACTURE" and the vehicle will only be allowed into Aust after last day of Dec 04. I wonder how many 1989 32,s will be on the JAN 05 ship????

a bit Harsh!!!!!