SAU Community

Taking Apart R34 Front Head Lights

Hey guys, Just wondering if any one has taken apart the r34 head lights??

mine has some condensation inside the lights and im just wondering if they are as easy to take apart as the S13 head lights??

With the s13 head lights you can just drop them in Hot water or put them in the Oven for a while to losen the glue which hold the front plastic bit to the actually headlight. Then you can just pull them apart.

Has anyone tryed doing this with the R34 head lights??

Any Help would greatly be apprieciated.

Cheers

D.

run a quick search, im sure that i've read somewhere on here that you can stick them in the oven to melt the glue, but a search should show it up for sure

dude, i got the same problem wit me headlights, its all yellow and stuff, eventhough i have washed it thousand times... but do try to use plastic cleaner first, just asked one from super cheap auto or any shops, before deciding to remove.. i mean it worked for me... all new after that plastic cleaner!!

anyway my 2c

billy

dude, i got the same problem wit me headlights, its all yellow and stuff, eventhough i have washed it thousand times... but do try to use plastic cleaner first, just asked one from super cheap auto or any shops, before deciding to remove.. i mean it worked for me... all new after that plastic cleaner!!

anyway my 2c

billy

anyway my 2c

billy

anyway my 2c

billy

anyway my 2c

billy

5 replies? Well, that beats my 4! Altho that was in whore town and doesnt matter so much...

Is it water in the head lights? Or are they turning yellow? If its water, then put them in the oven for a few minutes at 80C to loosen the glue, same as every other type of head light. For discolouration, try Meguires Scratch-X or a headlight cleaning pack.

Sorry for the late reply, Yeah its definatly water inside the headlight, as I can see where the water has dried up inside haha, and it has started to go yellow from the inside.

You have to bake the headlights for 20 mins,

We will be having some DIY instructions soon, since we have developed some an Angel Eye kit

That would be great mate, will wait for the DIY before I tear it apart.

Okay can anyone tell me how to take the headlight out??

I tryed taking the bolts visable, which I think are 4 along the top. Is there a bolt inside the guard/front bar?

the inside seamed to come off easily, however woudlnt come out because im thinking there is a bolt under the front guard??

You have to bake the headlights for 20 mins,

We will be having some DIY instructions soon, since we have developed some an Angel Eye kit

for the r33 gts-t if so il be in for a set asap

I don't mean to hijack the thread at all - but I'm trying to pull apart the r34 headlight too - but for me - just change the bulb over from 6000K to 8000K ...

I've managed to changeover the passenger side no problem, the back plate just span around, changed the bulb - plugged it all back together, voila - all working.

But the drivers side, the backing plate just plain refuses to turn. I've managed to pull the battery out and get a good look behind there, and there seems to be some sort of a weird screw (a phillips head screwdriver won't t turn it :)) that's specifically designed to prevent me from turning it. Anyone have any idea about this? I got no idea how to remove it :)

I've done a search, but haven't turned up anyone else having this. Anyone seen this before?? :)

Jenna

Can u get a pic of it jenna, sounds a little odd that they'd do that.

Anything is possible though.

I just pull my light assemblies (R33) out if I need to change globes it's actually quicker :)

Nissan weren't thinking of my unco boof hands when they designed the skyline thats for sure.

Can u get a pic of it jenna, sounds a little odd that they'd do that.

Anything is possible though.

I just pull my light assemblies (R33) out if I need to change globes it's actually quicker :blink:

Nissan weren't thinking of my unco boof hands when they designed the skyline thats for sure.

Really bad quality pic attached of the screw / backing plate. Basically seems to be sitting there in a way to prevent the backing plate from turning.

I asked my housemate to look at it, and he said it might be a torx head screw...

Just thinking how funny it wasn't a problem on the passenger side - but the reason I'm changing the bulb is because the xenons weren't matching - the left/right were a slightly different shade (though both 6000K) - suggesting that only one bulb had been changed in th past - I really wanted them matching cos its been annoying me (yes, I'm THAT obsessive .. hehehe :blink: )

Okay, just had a better look at the drivers side, and it *does* have one too, but looks like it's sitting tight before it, and at some point in the past, someone has forced it over the top of the screw ...

Just grabbed a screw-driver and helped forced the drivers-side one over too .. woot .. and bulb changed! :)

Oh well, if nothing else, next person who finds this might find something on 'SEARCH' about this oddity!

Jen

post-34488-1210987594_thumb.jpg