SAU Community

Gtr Cluster

Hi Guys,

My GTR odomoter has been working when it feels like it, and more often than not NOT ticking over.

It started ever since i pressed it while driving, and it seems to have got stuck somehow?

Anyway i am going to pull it out this weekend to see if i can fix it but i was wondering is this type of thing fixable or should i scrap it and buy a new cluster?

Cheers,

Harry

don't worry about it mate. they people who wound your odometer back before they sold it to you stuffed it. either run without it or buy another dash. the lower the klm, the more expensive the dash.

Don't buy a really expensive cluster because it has low kms, they are really easy to set the kms on properly.

Did mine myself and haven't had any problems with it.

I think I still have a guide on how I did it on my PC somewhere, if you want it PM me. You maybe able to use the sketches I made to fix the one you have, or you can always just get a new one and use the guide to set the kms to where yours was.

It's a good idea to keep your old one so you can prove the kms to others.

Also Duncan, don't be such a negative nancy. That is one explaination. Believe it or not but things in cars do actually break/stop working, especially when they are old. Don't say shit like put a low km cluster in it, sounds very dodgey and you can get in trouble for it.

dang I'm a nancy.first time I've been called that I think. but I am still pretty confident there are very few cars that make it through the jap auctions, export, import and compliance without tens of thousands of klm getting wound off :) Good on you Mathew for keeping the correct klm but I am willing to bet you are in a very small minority....

Thanks Slim_Mat, it really annoys me when people just assume that the klms have been wound back without having all the facts.

1. I mentioned that it stopped working immediatley after a pressed it whilst driving(which is quite common from my research ).

2. I only wanted suggestions as to how to fix or whether to buy a new one.

3. Before i purchased the car i had a full comp test and made sure that klms where representative of other wear/tear marks of the car.

Duncan is correct in saying that somewhere between Japan and Australia the k's go missing in most cars .

The most likely problem with yours is the the oddo driver itself and you can't buy it on its own from Nissan, another cluster is your only option is this is the problem.