SAU Community

Engine Warning Light Staying On For A Few Minutes?

bluesky4me

This has happened a couple of times in the last few weeks. Both times I have driven somewhere..restarted the car after a while (engine still warm) and have had the engine warning light stay on for 3 or 4 minutes. Every thing seems fine under the hood..just wondering if anyone else has had this happen..and weather the light being on is trying to indicate something..or if it is an intermitent fault of some kind.

Cheers.

I would be checking the oil/ fluid levels in the car- I wonder if its just really slow to build oil pressure?

have you changed engine oil lately? you sure your running the right viscosity??

Yeh i guess there are threads about ECU stuff..I did a search and could not find anything about this particular fault. I would still like to know if anyone else has any info about this ocurence.

Thanks

has anything else different happened. when i had my engine light come on it wouldnt do it at start up it would take a while then turn on and sometimes it would start to run rough but other times it was fine, just the light was on and with me it ended up being the coilpacks there are alot of threads about these on how to check them and stuff.

not saying that it is your problem, just a suggestion.

This has happened a couple of times in the last few weeks. Both times I have driven somewhere..restarted the car after a while (engine still warm) and have had the engine warning light stay on for 3 or 4 minutes. Every thing seems fine under the hood..just wondering if anyone else has had this happen..and weather the light being on is trying to indicate something..or if it is an intermitent fault of some kind.

Cheers.

When I had my 34 I noticed my engine and TCS lights would go on every now and then and annoy the **** out of me coz it would still seem to run ok....

when I sold it - I was told that one of my coil packs was slightly leaking which is why those lights were coming on.....

now I dunno how similar the warning lights work on the stags - i would assume pretty much the same....

• 4 weeks later...

While I was giving the engine bay a good clean...I thought that I would check the air filter..it is a rewashable foam type...although I had only cleaned it a few months back..I was surprised how filthy it was..there was even some muck on the inner metal filter..I guess the dry dusty Melbourne weather must have contributed...anyhow...I am now thinking that the warning light may have been coming on in regard to this...I am not totally convinced but I wil see if the warning light comes on again.