SAU Community

My Stagea Has A Cracked Block

bernardshorty

hey guys i blew my stagea up.cracked 2 pistons and broke the ring lands off 2 others. was about to bore the block when found it to be cracked between number 4 cylinder head stud bolt and the water jacket .has anyone herd of this before i know 26s had this problem but not 25s . well long story short i need a new block would anyone know where there is one layin around. cheers bernard .

It may be cheaper to jusy source an RB25 N/A for a Sky.

Generally Importers rub their hands in glee when you mention Stag, and the price can go up.

I was at Nizzpro last week and they had a couple of wrecks and a half cut, There were also RB25 motors lying around.

Ring Jeff Anderson 0413 729 446

thanks guys . yeh i bought everything forged for my engine now i have to buy another to put it all in it sucks arse cant belive my luck .but all i keep thinking is it ganna haul when its done hope to get big power out of this one .for the dollars spent .killed my paint job funds dam it but all be worth it in the end cheapest block i found so far is 1 g they wont take the head and sell it to me cheaper so gotta take it all .but they were willing to keep the diff the bastards that was the first thing they said it would be sold with out .

every time an RB25 drops a ring land, baby jeezus cry's.....

Baby jeezuz spends a fair bit of time crying usually.

What caused the meltdown anyway? What sort of boost? There is a bloke on here somewhere that is keeping a thread running about engine failures, make sure you do a search and have a read.

every time an RB25 drops a ring land, baby jeezus cry's.....

Baby jeezuz spends a fair bit of time crying usually.

What caused the meltdown anyway? What sort of boost? There is a bloke on here somewhere that is keeping a thread running about engine failures, make sure you do a search and have a read.

was i little bit of my own fault really. i had a gt34r turbo high mounted and 40mm gate which was mounted near the steering rack .i have the worst luck that when was doing high speeed and high revs a stick or some thing tore the wast gate line off and so be it .was only a split second and herd the wast gate shut and hit the clutch strait up but looked in the mirror and could not see the road behind . then the flames came oil all over a glowing turbo not a good combo. was massive boost as it has stretch the impellor shaft in the turbo and all.

so yeh now the head is flowed full forged everything for the bottom end cams and gears and trust intake with 90mm throttle body and a gt35 82r turbo thanks to gcg .

everything is sitting at advan waiting to go just trying to sought out this bottom end and to rb30 i will see how i go with this bottom end in sydney if it is a dud i will def take yours for sure .

as for the wast gate lines going all braided this time . alot of money for a stupid bit of hose and a split second. but cant complain of how the car was hauling before the implosion .

last tune was 255awk so hope this time will be a little bit higher power figure .fingers crossed