SAU Community

Making A Racing Simulator.....

ok, this is what i got in the end..Hyperdrive for 30 bucks on ebay... so i am well under by budget on this one. sort of happy with it for now, just added some homemade padding to the seat and its good to go endurance racing :P , seriously the normal seat is only good for like 10 minutes racing without serious ASS damage.

WOuld love to see pic of your simulator mate, looks like the real deal..

PS - Have to say compared to GT5 (which is great too) GTR2 with Bathurst Mod / MMMV8 Supercar mod is preety good too.... but i find force feedback excellent on the GT5

post-29613-1216849108_thumb.jpg

ok, this is what i got in the end..Hyperdrive for 30 bucks on ebay... so i am well under by budget on this one. sort of happy with it for now, just added some homemade padding to the seat and its good to go endurance racing :devil: , seriously the normal seat is only good for like 10 minutes racing without serious ASS damage.

WOuld love to see pic of your simulator mate, looks like the real deal..

PS - Have to say compared to GT5 (which is great too) GTR2 with Bathurst Mod / MMMV8 Supercar mod is preety good too.... but i find force feedback excellent on the GT5

That looks great about all you need anyway unless your going pro lol.

Is that you in the pic? if so I would get it off the floor more level with the TV some how but that's me.

Good job glade you like it you can work your way up from there if you think you need to.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I found this forum via a websearch of racing simulators.

I have attached a photo of my own racing sim frame.One pic before adding the monitor frame, the other complete. It is made from scrap aluminium that I found, but could be built from mild steel box.

On it is a driving force GT wheel. The seat I found on the side of the road.

It has Logitech 5.1 surround speakers with the sub screwed underneath the monitor stand at the front. I calculated that steel cost for the frame less the monitor stand would cost about $50 (6m overall length of steel used). The monitor frame uses about another 4 m materials plus MDF sheet.

I will do a sketch of measurements if people would like.

It serves me well for my PC racing games.

Cheers, David.

post-81840-0-33725300-1297496172_thumb.jpg

post-81840-0-29741900-1297496533_thumb.jpg