SAU Community

Making A Racing Simulator.....

Hi guys,

I am looking at making a racing silulator for my PS3 / Logitec G25 setup, i am an IT guy so not very handy with setting up a racing seat on runners :D ..

anyway, if someone here has made a back yard racing simulator before and have pictures, how to guide and any info for me, please post them here or email

[email protected]

objective is to keep the construction as simply as possible....

Thanks in advance people....

look at one of a web page like E3 or something then copy it from there... lots of money if you go for the hole rap around screen effect.

oh no no, nothing fancy like that mate,

i got 42 LCD TV and PS3 /G25 wheel

just want racing seat on rails and a mount for my wheel, padels... thats ALL

13428-450x-racingsimulators_6.jpg

this is one i built in my spare time over the weekend, the actuators were a bitch !

hope this helps

God....

for second i though you sneeked in to maclaren / ferrari F1 center and stolen their simulator...

but i dont have the enginerring skill or money to build up something that fancy mate...

but thanks for showing whats possible...

God....

for second i though you sneeked in to maclaren / ferrari F1 center and stolen their simulator...

but i dont have the enginerring skill or money to build up something that fancy mate...

but thanks for showing whats possible...

LMAO, umm dude i think he was kinda joking about building that simulator 'in his spare time over the weekend' lol.

• 2 weeks later...
this is one i built in my spare time over the weekend, the actuators were a bitch !

hope this helps

UGHHH too crazy! i remember powerplay was sellin one before

Edited by 5hu7o

Like some of you I would love to have some thing nice like them high end simulators but I can't so I built my own and created a manual to get you started in building your own simulator. If any of you would like check it out go to my web page and take a look. It was easy and I built it in 2 days.

Building Your Own Racing Simulator

ok,

i finally found one that i can afford and maybe with an adition of a nice race seat will look the goods.

http://www.hyperdrive.com.au/products.aspx?catid=

check it out.

oh ya, best part is its only $185

You do know that the Seat Cover don't come with it? that is an extra $59.95 + $185 = 244.95 + S&H = $??.?? so I see it coming to around $280 or more.

Look at these they will come out to the same price http://www.racergamer.com/?gclid=CL-z2ezm-JMCFQRJFQodMFU5Ww

The only thing I don't like is no place to put my PC and monitor, I know you are using it for a PS3 so it my do you fine.

both.... :)

GTR2 and LFS i do on the PC..

but PC and PS3 near the TV (i got Media center PC which has all the games and thats hidden behind the TV stand)

i think i can come up with a soluiton to Seat problem (home grown solution)..

do you know any place that sells Ausi version of the play seat.. the american site you mentioned is a bit too coastly when you factor in bloody postage...Aus

"both.... :thumbsup:

GTR2 and LFS i do on the PC.."

You like the F1 racing? you have see rFactor for PC? if not look into it its a kool Sim

"i think i can come up with a soluiton to Seat problem (home grown solution).."

LOL OK

"do you know any place that sells Ausi version of the play seat.. the american site you mentioned is a bit too coastly when you factor in bloody postage...Aus"

Not now but I will see what I can come up with.

after looking for sometime now, this is my list..

Financially viable ones that want break your bank,

http://www.simworx.com.au/catalog/item/3694360/3313045.htm - Australia, still too expensive for average Joe like myself.

http://www.gamerscockpit.com.au/cockpit_details - again very nice, i prefer the simworx but too expensive for me

http://www.thegamingcollection.com.au/Pages/playseats.html - only place in australia place to buy the playseat, still too expensive for me. (does not pass the wife test mate !!!!!)

http://www.hyperdrive.com.au/products.aspx?catid= - my choice, australian product, bare essestionls but cheap.

Last option is to do it yourself -

I am going halfway, buying hyperdrive for 184, using it for while and maybe adding proper race seat and getting driving position a bit higher.

• 1 month later...

there all pretty much crappy looking to be honest.. very much indeed. including the the one repoman made. why dont you put a bit of effort into it and make your own? i have made one.. and about to make another. I have two wheels.. the logitech driving force pro.. and the g25. on the pro i have a gear lever, handbrake, i have alpine bass engines, i run racing harnesess.. its a complete setup.. way better than these other gimmics... build your own.. simple.

there all pretty much crappy looking to be honest.. very much indeed. including the the one repoman made. why dont you put a bit of effort into it and make your own? i have made one.. and about to make another. I have two wheels.. the logitech driving force pro.. and the g25. on the pro i have a gear lever, handbrake, i have alpine bass engines, i run racing harnesess.. its a complete setup.. way better than these other gimmics... build your own.. simple.

"i run racing harnesess.." are you going to fall out?

No one was asking if you liked them maclarenf1 was looking for a affordable simulator but we thank you for your wonderful post. I did make my own and I like it very much I did not make it to empress you and I have sold 31 plans to date and get thank you emails.

Good Day

thats cool, you like your design, but it dosent say race car layout too me. selling plans to make money from it.. thats an idea. I run harnesess for the authentic feel.. its a race seat simmulator correct? besides i have bass engines in my seat to replicate engine noise car damage etc.. so the harnesses help with the feel of those too. and you must agreee.. most of the commerical ones are pretty flimsy and doesnt provide a authentic feel.