SAU Community

Blackening rubber seals???

G'day guys!

Just a quick question. Has anyone attempted to re-blacken (Is that a word?) their rubber seals around their glass? Is there any way/product that someone could recommend to make them come up like new? Dye, tyre blackener, shoe polish????

Cheers guys!

-Alex

i saw whatisname car .. he said he spray painted it i think ... it looked really new so it must of worked .. i'm also interested in what others have done ... i'd prefer not to paint but maybe a spray or something to bring it back from the dead ..

There is a product made by 'AutoGlym' that is magic at bringing black plastic and rubber up like new. It is a non-silicone product and it can only be purchased from crash repairer supply shops. 'AutoGlym' also make an excellent polish.

Silicon spray would temporarily fix it. My seals around the windscreen/rear screen have had too much sun too....when i have the $$ and time ill go to windscreens obrien or sumwhere like that to see if they can replace them.... maybe u should consider this?

might be a bit of an issue replacing the seals as they are actually a clip in style seal! just had my windows removed for a respray and had same issue with my seals!!

i am just getting a new seal put on the window but this needs to have the window removed to do this!!! O'brien charged me $150 to pull them out and replace!! haven't had them replaced yet though, will post a pic here if you guys are interested in the result!!

will be next week though!! let me know