SAU Community

A Few Stagea Questions

SHIZNT

Hey guys, fairly new to the forum and im about to purchase my first Stagea.

First of all after seaching for awhile i found the perfect Stagea for my likes, full aero kit, front mount intercooler, twin sun roofs, 3" exhuast ect. When the importers i bought it from took it to get registered it was involded in a very low impact accident and the front aero bar was damaged.

Would anyone be able to tell me what bar this is? And is it possile to get my hands on one (ive bee told there extremely rare)

stageaavaterlg0.jpg

Also what bar have they replaced it with?

31052008038na9.jpg

This is the only bar ive seen available thats simlar, only thing is its for a S2 and im not sure if it will fit a S1.

stageaaerosg3.jpg

Also i've currently been looking at Apexi Power FC's. From what i've read i can use any Apexi Power FC aslong as its from a rb20, rb25 or rb26. Can anybody confirm this? And any links to threads to use a rb20 or rb26 on a rb25 would be appreciated.

Thaks guys and yes i know theres a search fuction but i couldnt find what i was after.

Edited by SHIZNT

All body kits are rare. Aeros more so than Dayz for example but being in NZ I don't really know what is availble in your neck of the woods.

Apexi PFC is generally considered incompatible with autos so unless you are lucky enough to have a manual then you are looking at piggy back units to control boost (e.g. IEBC) mixture (SAFC or DFA) and timing e.g. SITC

Under the DIY heading (furher up the list in this forum) you will find good reading in the Jaycar thread and in the "FYI Piggybacks"for a start.

There are guys that have fitted the Apexi PFC and they can give you more advice but I think you have to carefully match the PFC to your car's ECU of which the Stagea has several variants.

Good luck

Ok for starters it confusing, which front bar are you after. If your car is the one in the second pic (considering it matches your advatar) then its a Nismo front bar. I have the full Nismo kit on mine. Nismo copies are easy to get a hold of. I got mine off AMS on this forum but Monkey Warehouse / DMD here in Brisbane supply them so call them. If its the one of the other 2 pics your looking for no idead but look up WGNC34 on www.importmonster.com under front areo and you might be lucky, but freight will be expensive and you'll have a wait. Unless you wanna fork out mega bucks for EMS shipping.

As for the power fc and other questions PLEASE do a search and don't be lazy as many topics have been covered here on this. But I'll tell you this....its not as easy as your thinking :D

Good luck.

post-36964-1212244372_thumb.jpgpost-36964-1212244219_thumb.jpgG`day think you might find series 1 & 2 are very different yes & good luck with POWER FC you may look at somethink else.cheer`s chuckie.

Hi Jay,

I have done some research, and have found your original front bar: It is by Abflug: very good quality/high end brand... it can be seen on the Abflug demo Stagea in Hyper Gear Vol 38 (c34 Stagea edition), pages 52 and 103.

It's a real shame that one was damaged: they are very expensive, and hard to get!

I doubt very much you will find another for reasonable money...:(

Hope that helps...

micah

Hi Jay,

I have done some research, and have found your original front bar: It is by Abflug: very good quality/high end brand... it can be seen on the Abflug demo Stagea in Hyper Gear Vol 38 (c34 Stagea edition), pages 52 and 103.

It's a real shame that one was damaged: they are very expensive, and hard to get!

I doubt very much you will find another for reasonable money... :(

Hope that helps...

micah

Thanks heaps man, found there website and they seem to be available still.

Help, I want one of those grills, where can I get one fairly quickly? The Stagea is going in for some paint work finally, the DAYZ side skirts, so it's a good oportunity to get a grill painted at the same time.

Cheers

Gary

Jay you're going to hate me with a passion when you see my car....

DSC03490web.jpg

IMG_8413_1.jpg

IMG_8395_1.jpg

IMG_8400_1.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

I have Abflug front bar and Abflug side skirts. :D

To answer your question - your new bar is a Nismo item.

The red car you're looking at has a Takeros bodykit on it - There are S1 versions floating around on Yahoo Japan, finding one is hard.

One kit I can suggest is the M34 Masa Motorsports kit as they make it for S1's and S2's and the frontbar in the kit has the same 'snow plough' concept with huuuuuuuuuuuge intercooler duct.

My question to you now - can you take some pictures of your rear wing please? i'm curious to see what type it is.

Help, I want one of those grills, where can I get one fairly quickly? The Stagea is going in for some paint work finally, the DAYZ side skirts, so it's a good oportunity to get a grill painted at the same time.

Cheers

Gary

Its a Dolphin grill. Pretty easy to find on import monster/yahoo auctions..

Jay you're going to hate me with a passion when you see my car....

I have Abflug front bar and Abflug side skirts. :D

To answer your question - your new bar is a Nismo item.

The red car you're looking at has a Takeros bodykit on it - There are S1 versions floating around on Yahoo Japan, finding one is hard.

One kit I can suggest is the M34 Masa Motorsports kit as they make it for S1's and S2's and the frontbar in the kit has the same 'snow plough' concept with huuuuuuuuuuuge intercooler duct.

My question to you now - can you take some pictures of your rear wing please? i'm curious to see what type it is.

It's all right Ian, ive been intouch with Abflug in Japan and ive arranged to have one sent over once the wallet gives me the go ahead lol.. your stagea now nice man, abflug front bumpers look awesome, i was so pissed off when they rang me and said it was damaged! Also i pick the car up today so i'll get some pic's of my wing for you.