SAU Community

How many Scale model Skylines do you own?

I've got one skyline and a 2 door datusn 510 in the works right now. The skyline is a fujimi HR31 GTS-R. It has no rear wing, is lowered about 6 scale inches, has aftermarket 19" AVS model 5 rims in bronze, and is painted in a reallly dark (like almost black when out of the sun) blue with a heavy metalflake which looks mad when the light hits it. I also have spare mesh 15" rear wheels which I swap on occasionally, and I made up a big drifted out cannon muffler on the back. Interior is red race seats from a S4 RX7 kit, with silver/grey trim, black interior (e.g like the J's racing s15 from canberra). should finish up well.

The revell datsun 510 will be in the same blue (but probably a bit lighter due to body color), with black RS-watanabe 8 spokes from fujimi kit on the front, and black/silver mesh dish rims on the back. The interior will have one red race seat, and be stripped. I am also converting it from left to right hand drive and making an exhaust system for it.

Hopefully I'l finish them and post pics of my "seventh garage" mini drift team one day :)

I buy my kits from http://www.hlj.com

cheers,

floody

I got about 7... few are under construction.... heres a fairly recent pic of my R32s (silver HKS car is in pieces now as im finishing it off with chrome engine bay etc)

Blue one is getting new BBS wheels also

DSC00357.JPG

I have 6 so far:

- AutoArt Diecast R34 V-Spec 1/18 (champagne)

- Fujimi R33 GT-R 1/24 (painted purple)

- Tamiya R33 GST-t 1/24 (painted burgundy)

- Tamiya R34 GT-R 1/24 (unassembled yet)

- Fujimi R32 GTS-t 1/24 (unassembled yet)

- Tamiya GT-R 2000 1969 1/24 (unassembled yet)

Still looking for:

- R34 GT-T

- R32 GT-R

wheres the best place to buy the plastic bodies ones that require full assembly, e.g. fujimi and tamiya kit styles??

most of mine were given to me, but i always get them from games/model stores and they cost over 40 bucks each. is there a way to order them direct from japan? i'd love it if i could get them for around 15-20 bucks each.

I have

TAMIYA

KPGC-110

R32 GTR (road)

R32 GTR Gp N

R33 Clarion

R33 (road)

R34 (road)

FUJIMI

R31 gts-r

R34 GT-t

Autoart 1/18 diecast R34 GTR

Kyosho

1/18 diecast R32 GTR 92 bathurst winner

1/18 diecast R32 GTR 91 bathurst winner

1/18 diecast R32 GTR Calsonic (#1)

1/18 diecast KPGC-110

I also have a few rally cars and others in plastic

I am now looking for a R30 plastic kit

Glenn

coco69, there's a good model shop in Melbourne just near Myer / David Jones, in one of those streets that cut through them. If that makes sense? It's near the corner of that big road that goes to the bridge next to the train station. If that helps? lol

I don't get there very often.....

red900ss: Those directions aren't bad considering you're from Sydney ;)

It's called 'Hobby Place' and is on Lonsdale St near Swanston (a couple of doors up from Melb Central)

Another one (even better) called Traffic Collectibles in Malvern Rd, Prahran - just up from Williams Rd (opposite Safeway)

Sorta OT, sorta not, anyone know what a good grade of sandpaper is to sand back a plastic model? or a way of chemically stripping one (that won't melt it) maybe oven cleaner?? I left a kit shell on my balcony, turned my back for a minute, and a freak wind blew up, flipped it over and now the paint is full of shit. GRRRR. I need to strip and start again or sand back the affected areas. Its a fujimi kit.

cheers,

floody