SAU Community

NA 1/4 Mile Times

Hey all,

Just made a trip out to the willobank test n tune, and had a few runs down the strip for my first time and it was awesome fun. Jus wondering if neone else has taken the Atmo Liners down the strip and what times u got.

My Best Run:

Reaction: .633

60ft: 2.326

KPH: 139.75

E.T. 15.815

How does this compare with the rest of you? is it ne good? i took the subs and spare tyre out for the night.

Cheers

John

Congrats, good time

Just curious what speed were you pulling at 1/8 mile mark and what mods have you done to your car?

Haven't managed that yet in my car, I have a major problem with loss of traction, in 2nd I'll still get wheel spin, and even when launching at low revs.

My times were done at Meremere in NZ.

My best time to date is 16.0, mines a 4dr and I still had the tools and spare wheel in the boot.

My best speed in is 140.7KPH, and that particular run I did 16.4 (darn traction problems).

cheers for the feedback

i had no spare tyre or jack and took my boot install out but i still had 2 big amps in there. If i can read my slip properly it says 660 ft i was doing 68mph or 110kph. The highest speed i reached was 87.17mph or 140.29kph and i got a 16.461 on the particular run and missed 3rd but got it back in after 2 attempts... oops... poor car.

hey guys.

i have a vl n/a 5speed with a smallish cam.

the best time so far is 15.02 @ 148kph

this was done with two wheels, trolly jack, and a tool box in the boot. i didnt have a traction problem. lsd.

skyla.......i'm wondering how you have traction problems. wat size tires and diff do u have?

Originally posted by rover

skyla.......i'm wondering how you have traction problems. wat size tires and diff do u have?

I have 235x45x17 tyres all round and a LSD (4:3.1).

I'm think the problem is in the suspension, I need new shocks.

Before I changed the diff to the LSD, I was still running my old auto one (non LSD, 3:5.1) with 255x40x17 tyres, it was with this set up that I managed to get my 16 flat I got my 60ft time down to 2.389 which I felt happy about, the way it is now I don't seem to get traction:(

Any suggestions would be appreciated:)

Thanks

Rachael

what dya mean by u missed 3rd NA_R33?

just wondering cause ive seen it in mags and etc abt ppl missing gears in drags and i was just wondering what it meant...

how do u guys get these times and etc?

do i just drive down to my local track here in perth and tell em i wanna do a 1/4 mile anytime im freE?

cheeres guys

Um, pretty much yeah.

Quit motorplex has street racing meets on Sundays going again now, costs $30 from memory and gets you as many runs as you can fit in. I think they started again last week. web site is www.motorplex.com.au

Missing a gear normally means you didnt get the car in gear propperly, or went from 2nd to say, 5th gear. And its never a fun thing.

Do you all normally let tyre pressure down some for your 1/4s, if so, do you think it helps?

thanks man...

so say if i were to feel bored on a wednesday at 2pm and had 30 bucks to spare, i could drive out to quit and give it a go...

and the next tuesday when im bored and yet again haf nth to do i can drive out pay 30 bucks and go again?

or is it only sundays?

thanks dude

Originally posted by streamer

or is it only sundays?

Generally you will find its only when 'they' specify. Your $30 for 5mins of use isn't going to cover the wages of 20 people that need to be there while you run.

Originally posted by Darker

Do you all normally let tyre pressure down some for your 1/4s, if so, do you think it helps?

I drop the pressure a to 25psi, some people drop it as low as 20psi.

I find it does make a difference (better traction), my best times were done with 25psi in the rear tyres.