SAU Community

Drinks 2 Much Petrol!?

BLKR34GTT

hey guys

I filled up my car (R34 GTT) on sunday. i got like 300 kms for the tank. Should this be right? its stock standard other than just the Bov i put in a couple days ago. Should i get my injecters cleanded or something?

:P

Cheers!

hey guys

I filled up my car (R34 GTT) on sunday. i got like 300 kms for the tank. Should this be right? its stock standard other than just the Bov i put in a couple days ago. Should i get my injecters cleanded or something?

Cheers!

could be your bov messing stuff up happend on my car made it run like shit aye use more fuel and go slower but im sure someone will say otherwise

i still got 400+ with a atmo bov

really depends on what bov you have my mates got a hks super seqential and its was sweet as and i had a turbo smart and it screwed everything bad hey my car was almost undrivable...

put the stocker back on and see if there is a differnce if there is then you gotta think is that exstra $30 a week in petrol really worth it for that rice pshhhhh hahah

"I filled up my car (R34 GTT) on sunday. i got like 300 kms for the tank."

This is a very vague statement - how much fuel did you use to fill it up? When you have a litres per 100 km value then you can compare fuel consumption.

For example I get 10 litres per 100 km in my R33 GTS-T and I get between 15 and 20 litres per 100 km in my R33 GTR depending on how hard I am trying.

How much fuel did you actually use?

I get 300kms out of 50l of BP Ultimate myself .. just a turbo-back and boost at 10psi so far (was getting same economy on stock boost too) But the car is not tuned yet so I'm hoping once the ecu remap is done that economy will improve. I'd be more than happy with 400kms/50l

I thought the Skylines had a 60 or 65 litre tank????

I get 300 - 350/tank, and I have never let the needle go under 1/3rd, I usually put 30-ish leters in the tank. (so that's 30 litres for 350kms (remember I dont drive till empty).

EDITL: my super-leaned out Soarer was getting anything up to 900kms (estimate) from a tank on the highway, cruise control from Sydney to Brisbane and back with an 80 litre tank.

My PB was Filling up at Southport on the Gold Coast, and getting back into Chatswood Sydney with the 'less than 10' warning on the dash, and getting the 'under 5 litres' warning the next morning heading to a petrol station.

This was leaned off with the help of the SAFC II computer, got 846kms on that tank from a 1.86 tonne luxo barge.

B.

Edited by turbo_brian