SAU Community

Melbourne V35s

anyone still running this cruise?

aww i miss the car wash VIP card~its expired :)

Now that I've sold my V35 to ur bro...

I don't think me showing up in Toyota RAV4 add values to the cruise....

LOL

Now that I've sold my V35 to ur bro...

I don't think me showing up in Toyota RAV4 add values to the cruise....

LOL

:D RAV4 can still run for good~ i'll get kev to let u get in the car anyway~ :D

maybe I could borrow Nelson's V35... since he's got his arse stuck up in Canberra anyway... someone need to give his V a good run!

• 2 weeks later...
:) RAV4 can still run for good~ i'll get kev to let u get in the car anyway~ :D

Well at least even though I don't have 350GT, but at least now mine's still a 'GT' car...

This just landed in my garage today!

38923_490317339568_598034568_6590696_3045749_n.jpg

Couldn't wait for the R20?

There good aren't they...

I didn't test drive R20 (they're only called 'R' now) but the spec looks good and I'm sure it's blistering quick for a practical hot hatch.

But I can't justify spending $65k on a small ex-demonstrator wagons that dealers have leftover loaded with leather sunroof navi cos they're too expensive and no one buys them, and waiting on back order for 6 months is way too long...

$20k difference is a lot of money

R20 from what I understand...

I don't think you can test drive an R20 in Australia as they are not here yet are they?

I drove the old R32 and it was good... the new R20 is a full second quicker to 100... now 5.2 secs

Your right about the money though and the GTI is so close to it... except the 4 wheel drive.

A WRX, EVO or even a Turbo Forester is much beeter value but the GTI is niocely screwed together.

Did you go the DSG?

they are in stock, in very , very limited numbers.

No they're not called the R20, they're simply called 'R' - I think due to some marketing decision that VW don't wanna go down in number from R32 to R20... the R is 188kw with AWD system. There are 5 in Victorian dealership if you wanna try your luck test driving one of those...

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/result...&Ntk=CarAll

and out of 5, only 3 has 5 doors so that limits down my option. out of 3 that has 5 doors, only 2 has DSG so that cuts down my option down even further between 2 $65k small hatchback... even with extensive haggling don't think I'll get much luck to get it under $60k ever, and even if I do, $15-20k more to spend than what I am willing to is way too much money and can't be justified for.

oh and regarding the wrx/forrester, never a fan of them, especially since the bug eye styling from then onwards IMHO the impreza styling has gone backwards, and the current model has clear/silver taillights a-la Lexus IS200/300 / RX350 which I am not a fan of... give me a hot, burning red tail lights, not one of those disco ball silver reflector tail lights... yuck!

yeah, I went with the DSG, 5 door, as the main criteria is my wife must be able to drive it, and must have rear doors for easy access to put the baby seat when I need to.

nice and good responses... I agree about costs.

STI money too but you don't like them!! haha

Turbo Forester would be my pick for a 'family' car... slightly less than the others and so much stuff included.

wish they we a bit less rolly polly tho.

5 door GTI good though and nice choice

Well I guess another person won't be joining the cruise... Nelson aka siu_loong_bao has sold his V35 sedan... congrats by the way...

and being in Canberra it'll also make it harder for him to come down just for a cruise...

• 1 month later...

Anyone fancy sorting out a Melbourne V meeting?

Please post any ideas about where to meet and what sort of meet would be of interest.

i.e. Cruise, BBQ, Go-Kart evening, vineyard tour etc.

If I can get a handful or so replies, i don't mind organising it as long as we have an agreement on the format.

Ok I have a 2003 V35 silver premium coupe (28000km) with sun roof, english conv and the lot and am feeling rather lonely.

I have just fitted factory (chris) cruise control and it is fantastic.

Every time I take the car out it is amazing and draws comments from others.

It is far too fast for me and hugs the Mornington peninsula roads like glue.

Aurthurs seat ride is awesome.

I have a cat back ready to go but think the existing system is cool enough.

What is next?

I am thinking of selling and getting a Patrol....a jag....or what.

Once you have had one of these nothing really compares......and I have had 3 * 5.7 and 6.0 l ss's.

G