SAU Community

S1 Fuel Pump

stagpower

before anyone says it,YES i searched for the answer.i am just wondering what part i can use,i have a 3" exhaust,fmic,10-11psi,pod filter.(if it changes anything) also how do i know when its on its way out,it is getting a bit noisy i notice when i back off and pulling up to stop(cars to loud under throttle to hear any other time) thanks

Yep, best way to check if it's not running right is to have a workshop check the air-fuel ratios on a dyno, as stated.

Replace with a Walbro (make sure it's a genuine one - there were some copies going around) for the best value, or if you don't mind spending a bit more get a Nismo or other Jap-branded one off Nengun, greenline.jp, or similar.

im getting a walbro fitted. i think the flow rate is 255 litres a minute? and a fuel pressure regulato. what is the standard flow rate of the s2 and s1 fuel pumps? i thinkits arond 230 litres?

I have just put in a fuel pump (a sard as it came with a 12mth warenty) It replaced a Walbro that was only 2y and 8mths old. It was presure tested while on the dino and was only making 2bar or about 24lb.

everything is ok now

Do we Stagea owners have the same problem as the Skyline owners with voltage drop on the fuel pump?

Tutorial on how to fix it is here....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fu...Rew-t91993.html

Basically it tells how to re-wire the fuel pump so it runs at 13.8v instead of 11.2v

Actually, we do! Make sure when you replace the pump you have it wired for a constant and strong current feed!

Actually, we do! Make sure when you replace the pump you have it wired for a constant and strong current feed!

Is this worth while doing? Ive a walbro fitted what would the point be of doing this mod?

Is this worth while doing? Ive a walbro fitted what would the point be of doing this mod?

From what I understand is the pump doesn't work at maximum capacity when it's only getting 11.2v so it makes sense to rewire for 13.8v because then you don't have to worry about the pump running out of legs because of short voltage.