SAU Community

P - Plate Drivers' Night Ban To Curb Toll

Lucy in the Sky

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, with P Plates, just got off my P Plate since yesterday, officially 2 years since my license. and now

they sent me the red/green P Plates..

does that mean i still have to put these ones on? or officially off now?

tried calling them but number aint working they said

Edited by viet_boi

Those plates would of been processed a few weeks ago, and finally arrived to you today. If you have done the 2 years, then chuck them in the bin, you dont need them

Congrats on getting off P's :/

Edited by br3ndan

Woo i got my 2nd phase test on the 30th i should pass it.. Only thing i failed last time was reverse parallel.. YEW! i miss the 6 month wait ! f**k YER BOY

Sorry mate, but you're wrong. If you get your phase 2 BEFORE the 30th (effectively today, as they don't do tests over the weekend) then your right. But if you get them ON or AFTER the 30th, then you're in for the big 6 month wait.

Check the DPI website.

Those plates would of been processed a few weeks ago, and finally arrived to you today. If you have done the 2 years, then chuck them in the bin, you dont need them

Congrats on getting off P's :laugh:

haha thanks man, about time i got off my P's...

What Tara said, she's on Today Tonight on Monday night talking about how crap these laws are! BTW, she's the really hot one (I'm slightly biased :D)

John, if you dont need them, I'll have them. I need a new set for work, keep the boss happy

Hmm.

But theres been a lot of negative publicity about the Government by the News and Current Affairs shows.

Like the pension should be increased for the elderly, hospitals, teacher payrises.

Why would the media suddenly side with them on a topic?

Contradictory in a way =P

But those are things that are bad for us. Elderly arent being treated right, hospitals dont have enough money, teachers dont get paid enough.

Us P-Platers, according to them, just hoon around in our hotted up sports cars (or out Ford Lasers with red window wipers :() hitting things and killing ourselves. People hate us, the media looks down on us. I have never seen a story that portrays P-platers or hoons in a possitive light. Why suddenly side with us?

But its us... They HATE us! They've done too many stories about how bad we are to be able to side with us.

They'd rather make us look bad. Its the only story they know how to run.

But you might be right... How can they disagree with a such a pretty face like yours?

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Neostead, I'm looking to have a custom surround done that also has a slot for a fog light. Would you be willing to create a 3d model I can buy or create and ship me the part or even provide/sell the current model for me to modify? Cheers
    • Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.