SAU Community

P - Plate Drivers' Night Ban To Curb Toll

Lucy in the Sky

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your given a Red/Green plate? Well THATS not easy to just turn around! WTF? Lol... Shot themselves in the foot there!

I did my test(s) at:

1. City West

2. Morley

3. Willigee

4. Joondalup

5. Morley

I never had to parallel park... yes it took me 5 attempts :ermm:

Hoon Laws

P plate night ban

Lowering speed limits

More multinovas + additional speed monitoring devices

Same Same.

Won't change the road toll.

All government / media hype.

Makes the governemnt 'look like' they're doing something good, when they can't do anything else in other things (gas crisis, petrol prices) but spend more time sniffing chairs, looking for threesomes and lifting shirts up.

I could rant for hours about all this, but meh it will do very little for the cause.

People have got to stand up for their rights, and since 17year olds can't vote then it won't effect the Government at the polling booth come election time.

An idea I kind of got from the 'Bring Krispy Kreme to Perth' thing on Facebook is maybe all the new / upcoming drivers get together and shout their opinions in mass emails / letters to the Government. The Krispy Kreme thing on FB has actually now got other medias attention because of its popularity, and I'm sure something similar (doesn't have to be on FB) would get the same responce & may cause the government to rethink their decision instead of listening to ludacris ideas of Grant Dorrington / Road Safety Council.

Your given a Red/Green plate? Well THATS not easy to just turn around! WTF? Lol... Shot themselves in the foot there!

Hahahaha, I mean it's green on one side and red on the other.

So who gets the green p's? I'm sure I read that after 6months you use greens, but my friend said the opposite today.

:ermm:

Your friend is wrong. But they wouldn't be the first person to get them mixed up lol.

An idea I kind of got from the 'Bring Krispy Kreme to Perth' thing on Facebook is maybe all the new / upcoming drivers get together and shout their opinions in mass emails / letters to the Government. The Krispy Kreme thing on FB has actually now got other medias attention because of its popularity, and I'm sure something similar (doesn't have to be on FB) would get the same responce & may cause the government to rethink their decision instead of listening to ludacris ideas of Grant Dorrington / Road Safety Council.

What's krispy kreme?

As for spamming the government to death with emails telling them how much they're made of fail, that sounds like it could be fun lol. If it were done properly atleast, the last thing we need is a bunch of sms-speak being sent to the government lol.

I did my test(s) at:

1. City West

2. Morley

3. Willigee

4. Joondalup

5. Morley

I never had to parallel park... yes it took me 5 attempts :blush:

ahhhh RHYS!~

Your a funny guy. haha.

Sean, thats wot I meant. from 5am-12pm... red P's. from 12am-5am... Just change them over! How hard is THAT?

And yeh... it did take me 5 attepmts... Which is why I REALLY dont want to have do do it all over again! 5 months without an issue, speeding fine, or accident... cant be that bad a driver then!

Sean, thats wot I meant. from 5am-12pm... red P's. from 12am-5am... Just change them over! How hard is THAT?

Ahh right lol. Yeah, would be easy as, although I can see "random licence checks" getting more popular during those times haha.

Edit: Just actually read your post again.. yeah, it was pretty obvious what you meant, I was just stupidly tired haha.

Edited by s2k12

In a separate incident a 35-year-old learner driver from South Lake had his Holden Statesman sedan confiscated after he was clocked travelling twice the speed limit in Hammond Park.

Police were conducting laser speed checks on the Kwinana Freeway around 1.15am when the Statesman allegedly registered a speed of 203 kilometres an hour in the 100 kph zone.

He was later charged by summons with reckless driving, in excess 0.08% and contravene learners permit. He will also appear in court at a later date.

If the curfew applied to learner drivers this guy obviously would have said "oh wait I can't go out at this time of night to do a bit of drink driving with some excessive speeding on the side" and stayed at home instead.... /sarcasm

PROVISIONAL licence holders in Western Australia will be banned from driving between midnight and 5am for the first six months they hold a licence.

Usually I'm all over this "nannying" the government do but on this occasion I'm siding with the establishment. Good...a couple of drinks, overloaded car, speed, youth and inexperience do not make a good recipe. Although late night pizza might be a little more difficult to come by

...He was later charged by summons with reckless driving, in excess 0.08% and contravene learners permit. He will also appear in court at a later date.

:) how does that work?

Usually I'm all over this "nannying" the government do but on this occasion I'm siding with the establishment. Good...a couple of drinks, overloaded car, speed, youth and inexperience do not make a good recipe.

I agree with the section in bold, but I fail to see how a curfew will stop this.

Well....Im a P plater and will have done my 6 months few weeks after June 30th, which doesn't really phase me all that much. In my personal experience driving after 12 when your my age does take its tole on you. As for the 6 months on your L plates, it's a great idea (although others my age may think otherwise) as like people have mensioned above, people just fudge the hours then go have traffic accident a few days after getting their P's. As long as you have justification for you travelling after 12 your not going to have any problems.

Well....Im a P plater and will have done my 6 months few weeks after June 30th, which doesn't really phase me all that much. In my personal experience driving after 12 when your my age does take its tole on you. As for the 6 months on your L plates, it's a great idea (although others my age may think otherwise) as like people have mensioned above, people just fudge the hours then go have traffic accident a few days after getting their P's. As long as you have justification for you travelling after 12 your not going to have any problems.

It may take its toll on those with normal sleeping patterns, but that's not me lol. Why can't people just use good judgement and common sence and not drive if they're tired or whatever?

As for the 6 months thing.. Ugh, if flamin mongrels (Edit - ROFL @ word censor) didn't fake it that wouldn't be a problem. Again, that's a handfull of people being dickheads and bringing the rest of us down.

As for justification for driving after 12.. Hrmm, only reasons they'll accept is for work, so I'm stuffed.

Everything can be blamed on the lowest common denominator it seems, lol.

Edited by s2k12

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Any chance you can get a Nistune board installed instead and set the speed limit to whatever your tires can handle?
    • Hi all, I need to get this HKS SLD attached to my stock ECU because I've now got the German autobahn and faster European circuits to contend with.  The car is a manual 2dr ER34 with an AT ECU and I've realised the AT ECU has two pins for speed sensor signals: Pin 29: Vehicle speed sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 2) Pin *58: Output shaft rotation sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 1) - *RB25DET A/T model only Before I go butchering this harness, is anyone sure of which pin is the correct one for signal adjustment? The attached document from HKS indicates pin 29 but I found this situation mentioned in the following thread on a different forum (R34 GTT Auto Trans Speed Cut Problem | Zerotohundred) mentioning pin 58 needing to be altered by member zephuros, albeit it seems to be for an RSM-GP and the info appears to be old.  R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-2.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-3.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-1.pdf HKS SLD Vehicle Pin out P59-P70 ER34-pages.pdf
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.