SAU Community

P - Plate Drivers' Night Ban To Curb Toll

Lucy in the Sky

Yeah, it's still 25 hours.

And the changes come into effect on 30/06/2008, not next year.

Apparently those effected will receive green P plates in the mail. So don't worry bout having to buy another set :banana:

Oh yeah! $ saved there :P

At least its good to see theres no turbo ban for P plates coming to WA yet...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems a bit strange that the government would say,

"well, we think you can drive, so here's your P plates, but we don't really think you can drive, so no driving between 12 - 5am"

you'd think the general public would be angry at the government, as they are the ones letting people drive (good old media, taking the blame away from the government)..... unless there's another way to get your licence ??? I've heard cereal boxes have been good over the years :D

Mine came in the mail today LOL.

As for the HPT.. I wasn't laughing, I was about to stab someone due to the stupidly long instructions making me frustrated lol.

Ok I might be sounding like an old man by saying this...

Alright so the majority of people get there P's when they turn 17. In 6 months time, you will still be 17. What the hell do you need to be out on the roads after midnight for? It's not like your capable of going to areas that require you to be 18 years or older. If your out cruising around in your car after midnight your either doing stupid shit like drag racing or speeding in the majority of cases. There are exceptions to this for people who have a genuine reason for being out but the majority of the time its technically true.

Thats my 2 cents.

I have to disagree with you there. Infact the only time I probably wouldn't be driving between those hours is when I'm drinking lol.

Edited by s2k12

If you passed your 2nd phase before the 30th of June does it mean u still have to do 6 months of driving on ur l's? Or can u do ur log book hours then HPT and bang p's ? Someone clear this up for me plz if u know !

Woo i got my 2nd phase test on the 30th i should pass it.. Only thing i failed last time was reverse parallel.. YEW! i miss the 6 month wait ! f**k YER BOY

Woo i got my 2nd phase test on the 30th i should pass it.. Only thing i failed last time was reverse parallel.. YEW! i miss the 6 month wait ! f**k YER BOY

Where did you do your test? When I did my driving test (@ midland) the driving guy didn't even ask for a parallel park, only a reverse & another one where I got to choose (which I just did a simple straight in :P )

I'm still waiting for my green Ps, I'm not paying another $3...

I did mine at Morley and I don't think I did parallel parking either lol.

Hahahaha, they'll come, I already have my free red/green P-plates up haha.

So you get green ps which means u cant drive at night / no alcohol.

Then you got Red P's saying that you can drive at night / 0.02 reading?

Whats this red/green p's? a mixed of the two?

So you get green ps which means u cant drive at night / no alcohol.

Then you got Red P's saying that you can drive at night / 0.02 reading?

Whats this red/green p's? a mixed of the two?

Red P's = the first 6 months = no driving at night & no alcohol.

Green P's = after the first 6 months = you can drive whenever but still can't have alcohol.

When I said red/green P's, I was refering to the actual P-plates that the DPI sent out to those effected, as they're red on one side and green on the other lol.

Edited by s2k12