SAU Community

Track Day This Weekend 10am Start

Blue32

Hi guys -

After work prevented me going out the track for the last track day - finally I am able to get out this weekend to get some laps down! I will be heading out in the GTR - 10am start and weather looks like it'll be ok. Anyone else keen?

I'll be heading out to arrive around 9:30 am - if people are keen we can meet at Caltex on Pt Wakefield Rd around 8:30 to cruise out.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More info please, who is running this track day?

Mallala is running this track day, anyone can go....... Pay the coin get the wrist band and away you go, No scruitineering(sp)

We will be out IP Celica(engine in tonight), Falcon Saloon Car(hopefully) and a mate in his Rx4!!

so you dont need cams, car looked at or nothing?

Nope you dont, They have 4 groups, 1. Go Karts 2. Open wheelers 3. Cars(Cams licence holders) and 4. Cars(day licence holders) They have 5 sessions each, works out really well, gives you enough time to have a rest, let the car cool down a bit and change anything if need be!!

Nope they dont check over your car, you can take out your mums brand new suzuki swift if she had one!!

Is it free entry to get in and watch?

couldnt find out on mallala.com

Sure is!!

Edited by Deluxe

Yer any ideas on cost??

Would it be cool if i came and meet at the servo with you guys just for the cruise. and just come for a watch... join in next time? Just to see what the days like??

Im keen as to do this, wether its this weekend or another.

From what ive heard/read you need a aus approved helmet, $120 and off you go, letting it open out on the track amongst others.

Do they record lap times? How much time on the track do you get?

that sounds great id love to open up the stagea at the track. (even although its stock)

whats the costs roughly, besides the new clutch by the time im done out there.

well i guess full tank of juice, and about $90 for prac itself and about $20 for day licence or there abouts, so prob all up about $200!!

Just remember you need to be wearing a long sleved top and jeans or something, and obviously a helmet!!

Yer any ideas on cost??

Would it be cool if i came and meet at the servo with you guys just for the cruise. and just come for a watch... join in next time? Just to see what the days like??

I wont be meeting at the servo as i'll be heading out with my mates, but im sure it will be fine!!

Im keen as to do this, wether its this weekend or another.

From what ive heard/read you need a aus approved helmet, $120 and off you go, letting it open out on the track amongst others.

Do they record lap times? How much time on the track do you get?

No they dont record lap times, you need a friend to come out and push the stop watch.... There is 5 sessions each i believe and they are 15min each session which is about when you will start smelling your brakes, so technically you get 1hr15min of track time!!

There is 5 sessions each i believe and they are 15min each session which is about when you will start smelling your brakes, so technically you get 1hr15min of track time!!

Any idea on maximum number of cars per session?

CARS & KARTS PRACTICE INSTRUCTIONS

For competition cars with a CAMS logbook, drivers must wear the same helmet, apparel & boots as required for racing.

Non Competition drivers need a Helmet with AS1698 APPROVAL by CAMS, clothing (non synthetic) with full length sleeves and leg coverage.

CAMS LICENCES MUST BE SHOWN AT ALL PRACTICE SESSIONS.

The practice fee for 2008 is $100.00.

Any idea on maximum number of cars per session?

They dont really have a "Max" cars and the more the worse it gets with traffic........

Just gotta remember its not racing and you are only allowed to over take on the straights and prefer not on the corners!!

the more the worse it gets with traffic........

This is what i'd be worried about, i wouldnt like to be out there with too many other cars in the same session, thats why i was curious if they capped it at a max of say 15 cars or so.

hey you was wondering where you got to ill come meet you and everyone at the servo 8:30 and watch

it was really good the last time damo, mark and myself went out

hey you was wondering where you got to ill come meet you and everyone at the servo 8:30 and watch

it was really good the last time damo, mark and myself went out

id come but i have plans! I rekcon ill take my car out to the next track day

This is what i'd be worried about, i wouldnt like to be out there with too many other cars in the same session, thats why i was curious if they capped it at a max of say 15 cars or so.

Either "A" dont worry about that sorta shit or "B" go out to a Modern regularity meeting which is held with the Superkarts(obviously not on track at the same time) and you go out in order or fastest to slowest and try to stick to a time!!

But seriously of 10 years of going to the track i havnt once heard of people coming together, you get the odd loop out in front of ya but thats about it, and also in the last couple sessions there isnt that many people left, for example my mate in his rx4 pretty much had the track to himself in the last session a few weeks back!!