SAU Community

SAU 1/4 Times

benm

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am new to this site and I'm just passing by to say hi... This site rocks and so does my car....

Take care everybody :D ....Elle :)

hey Elle just a quick hello from the gold coast, have you done much work to your ride? and if so how quick? mine is still standard except 4 some bolt ons, but still damn fast 4 a street car. :headspin:

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight at WSID I beat my PB (14.46sec) and was relatively happy with the outcome. I did 4 pretty consistent runs but all feeling totally different behind the wheel. I had 2 goals at the beginning of the nite and didn't care which I got first. My 2 goals were 13.9sec ET or better and 100mph or better.

1) Didn't do much/any of a burnout just dropped it from 4,000rpm and let it spin for a metre to remove the water from the rear tyres. Used standard boost (7psi) and launched from 3000rpm. The entire 14.184sec felt like a Sunday drive, everything was perfectly smooth no wheelspin just perfect.

60ft: 2.168 (~3,000rpm)

MPH: 99.94

ET: 14.184sec

2) This time I switched it to 12psi to try and get abit more top end but resulted in axle tramp in the top of 1st gear and problems engaging 2nd gear.

60ft: 2.117 (~3,500rpm)

MPH: 98.66

ET: 14.383

3) Thought i'd use 7psi for first gear and then flick it to 12psi soon as I hit 2nd gear. Got my highest Mph but lost out from 1000ft -> 1320ft somehow even though I had a higher TS.

60ft: 2.098 (~4,000rpm)

MPH: 100.52

ET: 14.245

4) Bahh what a waste, too busy concentrating on the v8 beside me pulling away and I had a combination of axle tramp and missing 3rd gear.

60ft: 2.111 (~3,000rpm)

MPH: 94.70

ET: 14.702

Mods:

FMIC

K&N Panel Filter

3" Full exhaust

Bosch Fuel Pump

Daiken Clutch

7/12psi

I'm very happy with my 60ft times (Using 10,000km old 225/50/16 @ 38psi Michelin Preceda's). They were very consistent with no wheelspin at all. I need to tweak the rear suspension so i'll take a look at that this weekend and probably drop to ~20psi for next time just to try and get those 60ft times lower again.

Ben,

You can add my latest numbers to the list if you'd like. Cheers bud :D

ET - 12.870

MPH - 117.75

60ft - 2.476

ET - 12.847

MPH - 115.65

60 - 2.353

TYRES - RE540S

TRACTION - NONE!

NITTOS - NEED SOME :D

Nope.

Let the sh1tty crappy 99% dead tyres down to 11psi and fried 'em till they melted onto the tar... SLipped the clutch till it bit and it bit hard so i mashed the throttle and got all the way off the clutch... pics to come :)

Adrian

Hi every1

Im new here and hope to catch up with you all soon.

I've met Ben and Adrian at the last Street meet had a ball and ran a not bad time for my first time out.. (congrats on the 12.5 Adrian)

Ben can you add me to the list when ya ready mate

ET - 13.980

TS - 100.76

60ft 2.157

Bridgestone GRID II 255-40-17 @ 20PSI

BP 98 octane

you have the time slip on this one Ben :)

not fair, does it have to be on pulp, ill run it this week on optimax

LIES.

hey adrian got my new clutch, and it grips like a mother ***cer, ill be there on wednesday after i get some more fuel,wasted it all drivingto the wrkshop, hope to get another run next to you, and some more pics. i also think i should drop the pressure in my tires to about 11psi, 25 is way to much what i used last time.

Motion not to add nicknick's time until someone from SAU watches his fill up at the Shell at Eastern Creek before the drags :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: