SAU Community

Winton Raceway - Sunday 29th June

Marlin

Good day. The Atom looks funny on a trailer, on the road and on the track. I dont think it fits in anywhere :)

The little GSTt that thinks it can looked to be taking a beating all day with drivers tag teaming it....and it seemed to love it. :cool:

Sam Markov is a real nice guy and that M3 of his is disturbingly quick...i think it must have more to do with the nuyt behind the wheel rather then who has swung spanners on it.

Snowie needs to drink Canadian Club, otherwise his track performance on a race weekend suffers :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day. The Atom looks funny on a trailer, on the road and on the track. I dont think it fits in anywhere :cool:

The little GSTt that thinks it can looked to be taking a beating all day with drivers tag teaming it....and it seemed to love it. :)

Sam Markov is a real nice guy and that M3 of his is disturbingly quick...i think it must have more to do with the nuyt behind the wheel rather then who has swung spanners on it.

Snowie needs to drink Canadian Club, otherwise his track performance on a race weekend suffers :)

Good to hear.............but that M3 is one of Sams customers cars. It probably helps that Sam does all the work and gets to drive it but! :)

Snowie needs to drink Canadian Club, otherwise his track performance on a race weekend suffers ;)

No I just need to tie you up and gag you come bed time so I can get a decents nights uniterupted sleep.

But actually I think there might be something a little more sinister wrong with the car. Will go speak to the man today.

*sigh*

Was a great day, well worth travelling down from Brisvegas for indeed ;)

Great to catch up with you Snowy and Bris, reading the above I'm kinda glad you didn't get hold of me Saturday night :)

Sure was some impressive machinery there, that M3 is nuts, Coad's Monara just as impressive!

I'm stoked with my little gts-t (so is Aaron who flogged it murcilessly all day for free :D), she just kept going and going, ended up doing 270klms on the circuit :D

LEL, Ben, i see in your sig you after wheels and calipers. I am your man for rubbish parts for R32 GTSts ;) . Do you want my Weds? 17x8 +34. I will see if R32Bigboy has some pics of them on his black R32 GTSt as be did borrow then one DECA

Also have a set of F40 calipers that have the same size pistons as the GTR Brembo, but are a better caliper and bracketrs for use with the 324mm GTR rotor, that even fit inside the Weds wheels i have for sale. I am selling the brakes as they dont fit inside my other wheels :D

These are the Weds, they are forged and lighter then my old Rays LM GT4s, (the GT4s was 1/2" wider at 8.5" vs the Weds at 8", but doubt the same sized GT4 would be any lighter)

gallery_462_50_508080.jpg

Looks like my rear diff is shot. :(

At least it explains the recent below avergae times and results. The problem has been we've been blaming conditions rather than the car for the percieved lack of drive out of slow corners. Oh wells - hopefully can get it all sorted in time for the truck leaving next week.

You know I was just saying to the boys yesterday that alot of the GTR's seemed to be suffering a bit from loose rear diffs. Most of you could clearly be heard spinning the inside coming out of that last right hander before the start/finish line.

Images from the weekend, i've still got a few to go through as i ran out of time processing them because i had to organize my trip to Europe later this month.

2623836659_b482aa1217_o.jpg

2623836185_522ceb9052_o.jpg

2624660502_6d82611c7d_o.jpg

2623835035_9bb942f15a_o.jpg

2623833779_b260c20583_o.jpg

2623833105_fff42cb558_o.jpg

2624657544_d0fc16a429_o.jpg

#8 Lol, around the outside of the bluey!

2623832271_85cab76630_o.jpg

#9 Using all the road, good to see!

2624598026_6ed94f3033_o.jpg

2624597506_a08b10be33_o.jpg

The rest are in my flickr page, please have a look there are plenty more images there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25681729@N08/

You know I was just saying to the boys yesterday that alot of the GTR's seemed to be suffering a bit from loose rear diffs. Most of you could clearly be heard spinning the inside coming out of that last right hander before the start/finish line.

Yeah well I was about 15km/hr down on top speed on that straight simply due to the lack of drive out of those tight corners - and Winton has plenty of them. That was why I packed up and went home early. But really it was why I was there to begin with - I wasn't convinced something wasn't quite right with the car at Dutton Vic this year but with the bad weather I couldn't put my finger on it as wet weather really masked the problem. At least this confirmed my suspisions something was up and gives me renewed confidence heading into W.A.

It's still funny though that despite my issues I was still the fastest GT-R there and there wasn't a shortage of them. And I didn't even have my own transport service vehicle and race crew with me!

Thanks for the pics Jarrod :wave:

Yes your time was still quite respectable regardless, shows you've got a real handle on the car and know how to drive it.

I suggested to the dude in the R34 NuR (with Motec etc...) that he should maybe follow me around to get the line, but he couldn't keep up. lol :P