SAU Community

Wtb: Front Anti-roll (sway) Bar

KiwiRS4T

I have all of the SK suspension kit but the front anti-roll bar is no longer available in NZ. If someone didn't get around to fitting theirs or wants to claw back a few dollars from their car before selling it or maybe has one from a wreck i would be most grateful if they were prepared to post it to me in Auckland. I am looking for the BNF 27 possibly with one or two XX after it and either adjustable (Z) or fixed would be fine so long as it is 24mm (the 22mm is still available here but that is the standard size on my car now). I know it would cost a few dollars in postage but am quite keen to get one!

I have all of the SK suspension kit but the front anti-roll bar is no longer available in NZ. If someone didn't get around to fitting theirs or wants to claw back a few dollars from their car before selling it or maybe has one from a wreck i would be most grateful if they were prepared to post it to me in Auckland. I am looking for the BNF 27 possibly with one or two XX after it and either adjustable (Z) or fixed would be fine so long as it is 24mm (the 22mm is still available here but that is the standard size on my car now). I know it would cost a few dollars in postage but am quite keen to get one!

Hi there, just measured my front bar, from the side cos of ease of access, it is Whiteline & is 22mm. (solid vs hollow is the difference)

JAMA part#SBS22 = front, SBS24=rear. JAMA=SK's suspension business.

There was some discussion about the front bar being 22mm in the suspension thread somewhere, SK responded at the time & explained the relative differences in performance etc. All good.

22mm solid bar should be good.

Cheers GW

Hi there, just measured my front bar, from the side cos of ease of access, it is Whiteline & is 22mm. (solid vs hollow is the difference)

JAMA part#SBS22 = front, SBS24=rear. JAMA=SK's suspension business.

There was some discussion about the front bar being 22mm in the suspension thread somewhere, SK responded at the time & explained the relative differences in performance etc. All good.

22mm solid bar should be good.

Cheers GW

Thanks but have you still got your old bars to check?

SK's initial observations did read like that:

"The front stabiliser bar is 22 mm hollow, like an R33 GTR. The rear bar is 19 mm and solid, like an R33 GTS"

but later he reverses the solid and hollow bars:

" After I fitted up the bars I did about 100k's driving around Sydney, in Saturday traffic mostly. As you may have noted from the above, I set the rear bar on full soft and the front bar on full hard. That was my guess, as the rear bar was a pretty big upgrade going from a 19mm hollow bar to a 22mm solid bar (more than 155% increase in roll stiffness), so I figured softest setting would be a good place to start. On the other hand the front bar upgrade was pretty mild, going from a 22mm solid bar to a 24mm (42% increase in roll stiffness) solid bar, so I went for the hardest setting" and

" As you can see from the pictures of the box it was BNF27Z, and I measured it and it was 24 mm. When I ordered it, I ordered "BNF27Z, 24 mm front adjustable stabiliser bar for 1997 Nissan Stagea". So I got what I ordered"

I still have my old rear bar and it seems hollow wheresas the front bar on the car appears to be solid although it is raining so I did a very quick check.

So I am still in the market for a 24mm front anti-roll/sway bar.

"The front stabiliser bar is 22 mm hollow, like an R33 GTR. The rear bar is 19 mm and solid, like an R33 GTS"

" After I fitted up the bars I did about 100k's driving around Sydney, in Saturday traffic mostly. As you may have noted from the above, I set the rear bar on full soft and the front bar on full hard. That was my guess, as the rear bar was a pretty big upgrade going from a 19mm hollow bar to a 22mm solid bar (more than 155% increase in roll stiffness), so I figured softest setting would be a good place to start. On the other hand the front bar upgrade was pretty mild, going from a 22mm solid bar to a 24mm (42% increase in roll stiffness) solid bar, so I went for the hardest setting" and

" As you can see from the pictures of the box it was BNF27Z, and I measured it and it was 24 mm. When I ordered it, I ordered "BNF27Z, 24 mm front adjustable stabiliser bar for 1997 Nissan Stagea". So I got what I ordered"

I still have my old rear bar and it seems hollow wheresas the front bar on the car appears to be solid although it is raining so I did a very quick check.

I have just re-measured my old rear bar (it's 19mm) and cut it in half (I suspect not much call for second hand Stagea sway bars) and its hollow.

So I am still in the market for a 24mm front anti-roll/sway bar. I guess some people will have fitted 22mm bars to the front (and a new Whiteline bar will no doubt perform better then a 10 year old original equipment item) so my chances look rather slim but here's hoping!

So I am still in the market for a 24mm front anti-roll/sway bar.

Still got old bars from 260RS. front bar is 22mm solid, considerably heavier than the rear bar, rear is 26.5mm hollow. Neither is adjustable. Goes back out to shed to check facts. Re-measure Whiteline jobs;

I have now 22.3mm solid front adj, 24.3mm rear solid adj. My bars are set on centre hole front & rear. Coupled with Bilsteins/Eibach springs/castor kit there is practically no body roll that I have detected. I am expecting the rubber to break away before the wagon gives much movement in that respect. It just goes where-ever I point it in fact I need a decent seat to hold me in place before the limits can really be tested imo which is the main reason I have been too chicken to go in one of the WA forum organised track/training days. In the market for some Bride Euro II's & don't need seat lowered. More likely need it raised 20mm.

Back to the sway bars. Dunno if it was a mistake or not but there was some discussion a year or so back in the suspension thread regarding bar diameter. I thought it was regarding 22mm vs 24mm & relative part numbers inferring otherwise but now I am not sure. I know this is not helping your quest sorry but all I can say is my 22mm front adjustable jobbie, coupled with the rest of SK's bits seems to be the business, for me at least. And having said that, the original arrangement on the 260 wasn't bad neither.

Cheers GW

post-34341-1214205104_thumb.jpg

post-34341-1214205238_thumb.jpg

post-34341-1214205329_thumb.jpg

Still got old bars from 260RS. front bar is 22mm solid, considerably heavier than the rear bar, rear is 26.5mm hollow. Neither is adjustable. Goes back out to shed to check facts. Re-measure Whiteline jobs;

I have now 22.3mm solid front adj, 24.3mm rear solid adj. My bars are set on centre hole front & rear. Coupled with Bilsteins/Eibach springs/castor kit there is practically no body roll that I have detected. I am expecting the rubber to break away before the wagon gives much movement in that respect. It just goes where-ever I point it in fact I need a decent seat to hold me in place before the limits can really be tested imo which is the main reason I have been too chicken to go in one of the WA forum organised track/training days. In the market for some Bride Euro II's & don't need seat lowered. More likely need it raised 20mm.

Back to the sway bars. Dunno if it was a mistake or not but there was some discussion a year or so back in the suspension thread regarding bar diameter. I thought it was regarding 22mm vs 24mm & relative part numbers inferring otherwise but now I am not sure. I know this is not helping your quest sorry but all I can say is my 22mm front adjustable jobbie, coupled with the rest of SK's bits seems to be the business, for me at least. And having said that, the original arrangement on the 260 wasn't bad neither.

Cheers GW

Ref 22mm/24mm front discussion; post #51 or thereabouts in the SK Stagea suspension thread goes someting like this:

Quote SK "As you can see from the pictures of the box it was BNF27Z, and I measured it and it was 24 mm. When I ordered it, I ordered "BNF27Z, 24 mm front adjustable stabiliser bar for 1997 Nssan Stagea". So I got what I ordered.

I will check with Whiteline next time I am talking to them about the catalogue, maybe it should be 24 mm or maybe they should have labelles mine "BNF27XZ".

Either way be specific in what you order (part number and description) and you won't have any problems:cheers:" Unquote.

As I said earlier i was supplied SBS22 front SBS24 rear bars, this number glued over original Whiteline part # so maybe you are looking for BNF27XZ whereas I was supplied BNF27Z(SBS22)? Tried pealing top label off box but too hard.

Cheers GW

Ref 22mm/24mm front discussion; post #51 or thereabouts in the SK Stagea suspension thread goes someting like this:

Quote SK "As you can see from the pictures of the box it was BNF27Z, and I measured it and it was 24 mm. When I ordered it, I ordered "BNF27Z, 24 mm front adjustable stabiliser bar for 1997 Nssan Stagea". So I got what I ordered.

I will check with Whiteline next time I am talking to them about the catalogue, maybe it should be 24 mm or maybe they should have labelles mine "BNF27XZ".

Either way be specific in what you order (part number and description) and you won't have any problems:cheers:" Unquote.

As I said earlier i was supplied SBS22 front SBS24 rear bars, this number glued over original Whiteline part # so maybe you are looking for BNF27XZ whereas I was supplied BNF27Z(SBS22)? Tried pealing top label off box but too hard.

Cheers GW

Thanks for all your trouble. I tried to edit my earlier post to say that i had doble checked my old bars and SK's thread and established that I do want the 24mm bar but they were a special order and a lot of people were probably also confused and ended up with 22mm bars which is why i don't like my chances of getting one but I thought I'd give it a try. Ironically now that SK has taken over their manufacture they are no longer exported so i may have to try to find another brand or get one custom made here in NZ. Thanks again for your trouble.

...Bob

• 3 weeks later...

For the Kiwis, Shock Absorber Services are our NZ agent for Selbys Swaybars. You can find SAS at 611 Gt South Road, Manukau or on phone number 09 262 3684. They get a monthly shipment of swaybars from us so even specials (like the Group Buy bars) are available.

Cheers

Gary

For the Kiwis, Shock Absorber Services are our NZ agent for Selbys Swaybars. You can find SAS at 611 Gt South Road, Manukau or on phone number 09 262 3684. They get a monthly shipment of swaybars from us so even specials (like the Group Buy bars) are available.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks for that - will do.