SAU Community

RBS13 Plan for a flat 12 high 11 sec 1/4

hey,

i have seen recent discussion about r33's and what times they should run, what power they need etc. Haven't seen a lot of results on rb25det S13's though.

I will be starting to build a plan to reaching my goal of a creeping into the 11 second region, or at least a very low 12 in the not too distant future.

The specs on the car so far -

- 3 inch exhaust, hiflow cat, etc.

- 600x300x76 front mount, 3 inch cooler piping

- throttle body moved to front of plenum, to allow bonnet to shut, and shorter piping. was just easier this way....

- oil to air seperator

- 1 piece tailshaft, no centre bearing.

- 5 puk daiken exceddy brass button clutch

- machined flywheel ( not lightened as its a ceramic one, thus enhancing chances of shattering)

- bosch 040 fuel pump

- suspension unknown. very hard in the front, not much give. back softer, think they are stock back springs.

- 2x10 inch thermos for radiator

- pod filter

- back tyres advan semi slicks style 16 inch by 225's

At the moment power output is nothing special, as still have stock turbo. WOuld estimate anywhere from 160 rwkw to 180rwkw from what you guys are saying on here. 12 psi or so.....

however what i really want to know is the important stuff which gets you across the line the quickest. I dont want to spend say $800 on a boost controller when i could just get a simple turbosmart one, and put the rest into the turbo, or injectors....

SO the big 3 things from here on....

are Turbo, injectors ECU.

i know the gt30's are a great turbo, but i think that is overkill for my goals, and reckon that i could almost have all 3 of the next steps done for the price. well 2 of them for sure.

SO is a t04 with say a .60 AR good for 250rwkw..... do i have to go external wastegate to fit the t04? WOuld i be able to reach say 250 rwkw with an internal wastegate....

Injectors imagine some side feed 550 cc injectors are the go.

ECU cant really go past the powerfc.... my other consideration is getting the computer chipped, or even a LINK.

considering the car is around 1250 kg's to 1300 kgs now with the bigger motor. Is 250 rwkw enough to crack the 11's. I would like to run in the region of 16 to 17 psi. Would i need a new head gasket for that also...

thanks for your time, everyones input will be much appreciated. had a spare 15 minutes to just put a few ideas together so yeah...

thanks in advance

go for a t3/4 hybrid if you dont want external gate.

injectors well get the power fc first then a z32 afm and an djustable fuel pressure reg. but b4 you do that run you car down the 1/4 wit the mods you have you might get asurprise I ahve heard of rb25 sil's cracking the 12's with a stockish set up

sounds good so have you driven it yet?

have everything ready....

just waiting for bozz to come to do fuel pump relay, and tidy up the wiring.... and hook up rest of stuff....

its killing me...........

Car starts and everything, but cant drive it....

flat battery was why the car hesitated after running it for a few seconds....

dont think i can take another week of waiting. 15 months now... just getting stupid...

dabigbolf,

I'm in the process of building a sil-80 as well. It originally had an RB20DET but I decided that it wouldn't suit, so out it came and this is where I'm at.

Mods so far;

-RB25DET

-Aria's forged pistons

-GTR rods shot peened and linished

-Decked block

-Ported head, port matched to inlet and exhuast manifolds

-Custom GTR style inlet manifold with bellmouths for for each cylinder, standard 60mm throttle body

-Custom exhaust manifold(not made yet)with external wasgate

-Custom fuel rail

-550cc injectors

-CC'd chambers

-Compression is 8.4 to run up to 1.5bar

-5 puk centre sprung clutch with 2700lb clamping force

-Bosch motorsport 044 pump

-Autronic sm2(to be fitted)

-Oil/air separator

-5stud conversion with R32 brakes rotors slotted rotors EBC greenstuff pads

-R33 gearbox(to be fitted)

-FMIC(to be fitted) -still deciding on size/type

-Custom flywheel

-3 inch exhaust

-bodykit is mix of bomex and other parts

I am still deciding on the turbo as well. Tossing up between a GCG 3040 or HKS 3037S(2nd hand). But after reading about the T04S in HPI Soarer buildup and it's boost response, that is in the running now as well.

Aiming for 400rwhp, but will probably end up with around 360 in the interest of drivability.

Engine has been built to make 550hp all day

Hoping to have it finished for Jamboree in September, but time will probably beat me.

It's not a show car, just my daily driver with some mod to keep it interesting. Plan the odd track day and hoping to run a high 11 on street tyres.

My build-up has been a slow process, 18 months now and its close to being finished. Very frustrating. I'll be watching your buildup with interest, and let you know how mine goes

sounds like its a bit crazy.....

theres another guyup in queensland which had the td06 on his rb25 and it ran an 11.2. he has now swapped for two hks2530's....

must be something in the water up there, that makes you alll go crazy...

specs are very impressive.

Yer, it' would be nice to beat them, as that car is built for drag and running Mickey Thompson slicks, it's already blown it's engine once as they pumped 1.8bar into it with standard internals. It lasted for a short time but when bang as i expected.

Yer, the specs maybe impressive, but the test will be when the SM2 is in and tuned. If I can get mine to run an 11.6 on nitto's i'll be rapped, as I said it's not a drag car, it's my daily driver, with a bit of track work thrown in.

I understand your frustration with delays, mine is killing me. I hate relying on other people, the car should have been finished in March, but shit happens.

Have you fired yours up yet? What turbo did you go with??

if you were to want a rb26 just get a gtr.... Putting it in a silvia, you lose a lot that the gtr offers. Better brakes, suspension, refined interior. And basically the hole package.

I took mine for a spin last night.....

On 7 psi, stock turbo, with advan semi comps on the back, it has no trouble lighting up the wheels. I will be more than content with the power for a long time....

It makes all the right sounds, and hits all the right notes, i just have to put the 040 pump in, and get my throttle cable bracket made up....

Oh, and remember to tighten your heater hose clamps, or else steam starts to come through your bonnet....

Was only on the first 2 minute trip.....

meggala finally got it going!!!

Heh, meg's just pointed me to this thread, I knew you'd be happy with the stock power it makes :)

No traction in first all not even close to redline ;)

She's an absolute beauty, very impressive conversion. I'm wanting one now. Can't decide whether to wait for an R32 GT-R (I really miss the 4WD of my old GTS4) or do something as nutty as this car....

The engine really is perfect for this car, once the power steering is setup it'll be great to see its handling outcome...

i'll have to find out how to do it.

I am getting the throttle cable bracket done, alloy over flow bottle, that brake boost one way line thing, and get some other stuff sorted. boost gauge....

If i can figure out how to get the indicators working... I'll come up to your place bozz.

Hopefully get the tacho, alarm, and thermos going.

the old lady doesn't let me drive it....

reckons it is unsafe....

the 040 pump stopped the cutting out aswell...

If you were doing it on a budget maybe someone like japanese motorsports would be able to supply you with a turbo, manifold & external wastegate setup for reasonable money. A modified std ecu would maybe be a cheaper option that i'm sure would still do everything you would want. Around 230rwkw's would surely get you into the high 11sec or low 12 sec bracket with slicks?

Maybe need to lighten the car up abit? I know of a 1600kg 300zx with 225rwkw's that has run 12.56 with a 2.0sec 60ft so with decent slicks a low 12 should be no problem for him.

The silvia would weigh maybe 1300kg?

Based on every 45kg worth a tenth theres a high 11 for the sil80 with a 2.0 60ft which should be a walk in the park with slicks.

Dabigbolf,

Congrats on getting the car back on the road and its phenominal performance!!! Looking forward to seeing your 1/4mile times and a dyno printout???

I'm really jealous :) Getting my car back from the painter in 2 weeks, then the build process can continue. Hopefully finishsed 6-8 weeks after that.